PART 5

Already I think everyone guessed it right only...

"Shilpa, this is Jasmin and Jasmin this is Shilpa" He introduced us; I turned my attention from my friends to the person in front of me.

What the F' No way on earth he is introducing me to his
wife. She was the same girl from last evening.
What the hell! Why would he want me to meet her?" I
was surprised, I couldn't believe, and I was shocked by my reaction as well. But I kept a straight face and controlled my expression.

As we reached the table, she got up.
"Hie Jasmin, finally nice to meet you," she said in her
appealing voice and hugged me. I returned her hugged and replied, carefully controlling my shock and amazement.

"Thank you. It's nice to meet you as well." I smiled.
"So, how are you?" I asked, not sure what else to say.
Is there any book on what to say to your ex-lover's wife? I wondered.
Be normal' I disciplined myself.
"i'm great you tell me about yourself. I have heard so much about you," she said with excitement as I sat down.

Aly helped me with the chair.
I looked at Aly with one eyebrow raised with an obvious
question: "You talked about me?" I wanted to ask him out loud, but I just looked at him.

"Oh, there's that, the same looked he described me about your 'are you serious look" she said looking at me.
"What?" I blinked, 'Are you serious, look?' Did he describe
my expression of one eyebrow raised as 'are you serious look' to his wife? WOW
.
"Nothing," he replied, looking at Shilpa. I turned to look at
him and he turned another way as if someone was calling him. He was hiding his face from me. He was smiling. It was clear as his cheeks were lifted. Does he think that's funny?

Whatever! I wanted to roll my eyes too, but I didn't, who
knows what else did he shared. Honestly, I was embarrassed.

"So, did you meet Disha the bride to be?" I asked, ignoring Aly.
"No, I just came to say Aly that we are leaving today and
wanted to say goodbye." She replied.

"Oh, Aly is very excellent at goodbyes." I didn't mean to,
but the word came out of my mouth a bit sharply.
"Yes" she asked looking at me and then Aly confused at my tone and wondering what an odd thing to say.

"When is your flight?" I asked politely with a smile. I tried to control the anger that washed on me without any warning.
She looked at her watch.
"I have ten minutes more," she replied.
"Then I should better be going, you two can continue your conversation" I said as I stood up ready to get out of here.

"No, Stay," Aly said; surprised. Even he got up from the
chair; that surprised me.
"Yes, please stay. It's really okay." She tried to convince me, but I was already ready to say my farewell.

"No, thats fine, my friends probably would be wondering
I ditched them, I should probably go and meet them before they complain," I replied her with a warm smile and I looked at my friend's direction who were now dancing with Disha, even Shilpa turned to look at them.
I hugged her.

"Maybe when you come to my wedding in a few months,
then I will introduce you to my friends," I said that with a
little extra excitement.
Her mouth dropped open, and I looked at Aly who had
the same expression.

"What? No one told you I'm getting married?" I asked
Aly with a fake surprised look.
"Anyway, nice to see you again, Bye, have a safe trip," I said to Shilpa and turned; and walked away.

I thought about what I said as I walked towards my friends.
What I said was also not entirely a lie; My mother was
forcing me to get married as I'm already 25 years old. I didn't tell her yes for marriage but lately, from the past few months, I was thinking about it. But I never had guts to say yes. To spend the rest of the life with someone I don't know and certainly didn't love was scary.

It has been nine years, but still, my heart is beating for Aly. But the only reason I said that was simple I wanted to shock Aly.

"Hey, where did you disappear?" Bharti demanded and pull me to dance with her.
"I was thirsty," I answered.
"Jasmin!" Avika called my name; She was doing moves and beamed at me. Everyone turned and copied her and they all started moving and dancing around me. I was smiling and cheering as I also turned and looked at everyone dancing around me in a circle. I was the center of the attraction now and I loved it.

"Oh... oh-oh."I cheered as Disha did her side thumka step. I joined her and started moving my shoulders.
I always enjoyed dancing like this in the group.

"He's calling you." someone tapped on my shoulder and said in my ears.
I looked at the direction she was pointing and saw Aly standing. He waved at me as I looked at him.
"Come here," he mouthed.
"You come here" I called him.

He shook his head no, and I shook my head yes and did some side thumka at him. He smiled and looked down blushing; I was smiling and enjoying his reaction. Then I stopped and walked towards him.

"Why didn't you come to join me?" I asked as I reached him.
"Why did you stop?" he asked without answering me.
"I wanted to dance with you, it's been so long that we did
some moves together, I don't even remember the last the
time I danced with you," I said thoughtfully while I was
thinking when I did the last dance.

"It was on my 16th birthday ," he whispered.
"Oh right! Those were good happy days when the only
things we worried about were our homework and exams. I loved those days. We had so much fun on your birthday." I replied remembering, and it made me smile.
"That was a great party." I smiled again remembering.

"True, we enjoyed our fullest," he agreed.
"Mostly it was because it was the last year of school and we were excited to go to college," I replied recalling.
"Yes" he answered thoughtfully.

"How was your meeting?" I asked.
"Good." He grins.
"What's so funny?"I asked.
"Nothing just remembered something," he replied, and I
raised an eyebrow and said.
"Are you serious?" He laughed remembering.

"I still can't believe you told her that, why would you do
that?" I asked.
"She's a good friend," he replied.
"Yes, we all are." I coughed, rolling my eyes.
"What do you mean by that?" he demanded.

Then I saw Rohit Sir approaching us. I gave him a warm
smile, and he returned my smile with the same enthusiasm.
With him, his son Suraj was walking beside him.

"Hello, Suraj Uncle." I greeted him.
"Hello beta." He replied to me.
"She is so grown up now" he said to Rohit Sir in wonder.
We were meeting after years;I don't remember the year, but I think it has been over three years.

"It just seems yesterday that you were our small little
princess and looked at you know, you looked like you are Queen who is about to conquer the world with her beauty and Brains," He praised me with wonder and admiration.

I felt self-conscious listening to his comment.
"So true." Aly agreed with him and stared at me blankly and I blushed.

Suraj uncle and Aly hugged each other and talked
regarding some property. Looking at them felt like Aly was in constant touch with him and that thought made me irritated. If he could call him, why couldn't he call me then?

I was irritated with myself, as I was getting constant mood swings.
Happy as he was with me now.
Angry remembering, he left me.
Pleased when he flirted with me.
Sad realizing, I can't forgive him.
Scared for him leaving me again if I came any closer or
admit him about my feelings.
Dazzled as I was aware of everything he did as I was attracted to him.
Desire to touch him and kiss him.
Ashamed finding him attractive and stepping over the line
Depressing because I had to keep a distance between us.

The more I thought about my constant change of emotion, the more it annoyed me.
"Whatever I don't want to think about it now, I said in my
mind.
So, I talked with Rohit sir; he wanted to know about my work and about my mother.

He was shocked to discover that I no longer stayed with my mother. I had my own place at Malad; It was the right thing to do I told him and we continued talking for a few minutes then they left us to congratulate Disha....