PART 2

As Aly was standing at the stage and smiled at both me and the crowd, my phone vibrated and I removed it to see who was calling me.

I saw my mother calling; I looked up and saw Aly getting down the stage, still looking at me. I picked up the call and pointed at my phone and mouthed one minute to Aly and walked out of the club to speak to my mother.

"Hi Ma," I greeted her cheerfully.
"You sournd happy" She noted surprised.
"Why should I not be" I asked confused.
"May you always be happy and smile." She blessed me, I smiled.
"Done with dinner?" I asked her; our everyday conversation.
Yes, I'm done with it. What about you?
Where are you?" she asked.
"At Pune,"I answer.
"OK" she said and continued.

"You remember Sharma Aunty our neighbour?" she asked.
"She says she saw Aly at the wedding.".She said surprised.
"Aly?" I asked to reconfirm
"Aly, your friend in school the boy who use to spend days at our house. You both use to always be together, who moved abroad."

She tried to remind me as if she thinks I.would ever forget him, only if she knew the whole story.

"Ma! I know who he is. And I know he was there." I said, and she instantly stopped.

"You remember him?" she reconfirmed.
"Yes, of course, and now I'm with him," I said with confidence.
"What?" she sounded surprised.
"But I thought you said you are at work," she was still in shock, I rolled my eyes.
"No mother, I told I'm in Pune and you assumed it was work," I said casually.

"He didn't come to speak with me at the wedding" She sounded disappointed.
"I asked him not to." I replied, instantly soothing her.

As I remembered, she cared for him too and always treated him as a family.
"Why?" she asked confused.
I m not sure" I replied thoughtfully.
"Is he going to stay or go back again?" she asked sounding worried.
"I think he is going to stay" I answered again, not very sure about it.

"Did he say that or you are saying on your own?" she asked, noticing my tone.
"Obviously he said that," I replied.

"Whatever it is, just don't get your hopes too high or get too attached. I don't want you to get hurt or start crying again." She said sounding motherly.

Her words took me by surprise.
"What do you mean I will start crying?" I asked her.
"Oh,
"Oh, don't pretend, you don't know what I'm talking about. I'm your mother and I know everything" She said with confidence.

"Okay" I said lowering the voice; I didn't know what else to say.
"Anyway, when are you returning?" she asked, changing the topic.
"Tomorrow," I replied automatically.
"Ok be safe," she said ready to hang up.
"Mom!"I whispered.
"Yes, tell me," she asked, concerned.
"I want to be in a real relationship with him" I said blankly, still thinking about what I just said.
"Are you asking my permission?" she asked.

Despite the seriousness of the topic, I clucked at her question.
"Nope, I'm just saying I'm scared," I breathed.
"If that's what you both want then, it's okay. As long as you both are happy, you'll both can be in a relationship but if not then stay friends and talk, it's ok to have a friend." She paused for a breath and continued.

"It's your decision, what you want, just remember your happiness, rest I know you will do the right thing." She said:

Listening to her advice, I was suddenly upset. As I knew for me, the right thing was to tell him, no, but I know we can try to go slow.

"Okay Ma, thanks, will call you tomorrow"
I said, suddenly tired.
"Sure, goodbye, goodnight" She wished me and we hung up the call.

I saw the call minutes it has been almost ten minutes that I was talking to my  mother so I hurried back inside as Aly was waiting for me.

As I entered, I walked straight to the dance floor and searched for him. I found him sitting on one of the stools at the bar with a drink in his hand. I stopped before stepping on the dance floor and just looked at him in wonder and desire.

As I looked at him, I forgot all my worries and my mother's words all I could think of, was him and only him. He was lost in his own world as he was staring at his drink absentmindedly.

"Isn't he handsome?" the girl said, standing beside me.
I turned to look at her and reconfirmed if she was talking to me or someone else.

There was no one except us.

"Excuse me?" I asked her.
"He is so handsome." She moaned. I followed her gaze and found her staring at Aly. I clucked noticing. His admirers are growing.

"Tell me about it?" I said smiling.
She looked at me and grinned widely.
"Is he real?" I asked her, amazed too looking at him.
"Oh yes, he is," she replied smiling.
"Why don't you go and talk to him?" I suggested smiling.

"I have witnessed in ten minutes he rejected two girls. I don't want to be the third" she said clearly disappointed.

My mouth fell open, and I looked at her in shock. She smiled at my reaction and nodded to confirm.

"Did you hear, him, sing?" she asked.
I didn't reply at first but then it was obvious I thought and I smiled.

"It was epic, right? I wonder who's the lucky girl," she said, with a longing for him.
"If you are not going to talk to him then I will" I said with confidence and she looked at me as if I spoke in some foreign language.
"Ok go" she said, challengingly.
"And if he doesn't reject me, then you will back off sister," I ordered.

She looked me with narrow eyes before nodding once.
"Done, Sister code, but if not; then you have to back off" she said, smiling wickedly.
She was sure that he would reject me too.
And I smiled as I knew better.

"Sure" I said and smiled widely. Game on, I thought.

almost felt bad for the poor girl; I
I mean I knew he would never reject me.
But I wonder was there really ever any competition before?

But more than that I was surprised why was I doing this? I mean if I didn't want to be with him, then why does it bother me now if some other girl wants to be with him? Why did I want to prove her and myself that he wanted me?

All these questions were dancing in my mind, creating a solid doubt as I was walking towards him, he was still lost in his own world and staring at the glass; I walked straight to the bar and stood beside him; he didn't turn and didn't notice me standing.

I turn behind and look at the girl, she was having an amusing smile as if she was ready for him to reject me too, but I knew better than her.