PART 2

"She said," he started speaking, but I stopped him.
"Tell me from the start what happened," I asked. I wanted to know the whole thing.
"Are you sure?" he asked hesitantly.
I shook my head yes, like a small child.

"But where are we going?" I asked him again.
"Again, it's a surprise and also don't worry we have one and a half hour more to drive ahead, so we can talk without worrying,"he answered.

We were headed towards Pune, but what's in there, I wondered, and he continued.
"When I got up, you were not there beside me; I assumed you must be in your room or washroom, so I stayed in my bed waiting for you. I was planning, deciding my next move." He stopped talking and at the same time, stopped driving too. We had stopped at the signal.

"Plans?" I asked. He was quiet. He rested his head back at the seat and stared at me with a pleasant smile.
"Plans?" Iwhispered. He blinked.

His expression changed. He narrowed his eyes, making him appear serious like he was debating with himself, whether to share the rest or not. Whatever he saw in my face, he continued.

"I tried planning, planning to catch you and tie your hands with mine until you listen to what I wanted to say. There was a misunderstanding between us and it was hurting us both. I tried very hard to explain to you, tried to talk to you, to explain to you thatI never left you. But you ignored me, you made it very clear that you didn't want to listen to what I had to say, so I was planning how to force you to listen." he said looking ahead and as he spoke, he was driving again.

"How?" I asked it was amusing that he assumed he could force me to listen.
"I don't know" he said sighing.
"I don't understand. You just said that you were planning.
Tell me what did you plan?" I asked him; confused.
"Nothing, I planned and planned but nothing came to my mind, because every time I thought about you, I got distracted, my mind replayed the previous night," he stopped, releasing a deep breath, it felt like it still bothered him.

Instantly, it made me uncomfortable too, to talk about what we did.

"Later?" I asked him before he could continue about that night.
"I waited twenty minutes for you to come back, but you didn't, so I thought about checking on you. When I opened the door, the room seemed silent and empty. It confused me and then I noticed all the bags were gone, I hurried outside, the table was cleared too. Your diary was gone and so were you. I started panicking. I called the reception, but they didn't have any information about you. But the manager asked me to wait until he asked the other receptionist. It made me impatient as every second passed without you made me crazy, so I grabbed my t-shirt and went down.

The manager talked with all the morning staff but no one knew you, so he called the receptionist from the night shift. He too didn't say anything about you but he did mention that only one guest left at very late hours at night, under the name Bhartii. The manager checked and found, cab service was taken at 3:19 a.m. for the airport. When he mentioned Bhartii, I knew he was talking about you.

It scared me when the manager said you left for the airport. As I walked back to my room, all the worst things came to my mind. I felt empty and all alone in room and it paralyzed me. I wanted to see you badly. I wanted to hear your voice, but you were nowhere to be found.

I blamed myself, my fault you left, when I had the chance of talking with you I didn't.

Instead, I spent the night making love. I was angry, though the night was special and magical, but in the end it's not worth it if you left. I want you for my whole life not just for a night." He continued his part of the morning without breathing for words, he was hyper and his hands were tightly clutched the steering wheel, he didn't look at me but continued looking ahead, looking at him, it seemed like he was talking to himself and forgotten that I was here too.