part 3

"Can I ask you something? You will not feel bad?" Bharti asked as she took the tea. She seemed nervous and so was I.

"Sure." I tried to sound normal but I know I didn't fool them.
"We didn't talk from the second night." She continued.
"And I wanted to know what happened that day? Why did you run?" She asked confused from my action.

I sighed and answered.

"I knew what he was going to ask, and I didn't want to be with him," I replied.
"But we thought the only thing you feared was, if he leaves you again. So, we spoke to him and asked him," Bharti said with seriousness.

"Basically, we threaten him. We will kick his ass if he ever hurt you again." Avika interrupted, Bharti clucked, and I choked,
Avikaa winked at me. Bharti continued again seriouS.

"We asked him, why was he here? Why was he following you everywhere?" I raised an eyebrow, and she smirked.
"He loves you Jasmin," Bharti whispered slowly. I stopped smiling and looked at my tea.

"I don't care, he left, I spoke in misery.

"But jas why are you so stubborn? I know he left you but he loves you and so does you. And if he is ready to spend his rest of the life with you, then why are you saying no?

We thought you still loved him and the only thing that scares you was to express your feeling and the feeling of betrayal if he leaves you again. But if he says he will never then why are you saying no?" she asked confused.

I have never seen her so confused and1 hyper at the same time. I took a deep breath and looked at them with worry eyes. I was feeling uncomfortable; I didn't know how to share or how to explain them without sounding dispersed, and I have never done that before.

"You know he is married right?" I asked. It was the first thing that came to my mind.
"Don't start that again. We all know he is getting divorced and we also know you don't have any problem with his past, you will still love him the way you have always done." Avika said annoyed at me.

"Wait let me finish, let me explain." I raised a hand and asked them to have patience.

I closed my eyes and took a deep breath again and tried to calm myself before saying. I opened my eyes they were looking at me with concern.

"You will not interrupt me until I'm done, ok?" I asked them, they both took a biscuit and started eating, encouraging me to continue. Despite being worried, their
action made me smile a little.

"He is married and has a child." I started with a stern voice.
This explanation was not just for them but was for me too. I was convincing myself why the decision was right. I was trying to assure them and my heart. And continued.

"Even if he does give her divorce, it will not change my decision because what will happen to his child?" I paused, and they exchanged a look.

They were not sure if they should answer or not, but they kept quiet and I continued.
"You know? I had a very rough time growing up, my parents always fought, it was very hard for me to look at them.

My father was never there for me when I needed him the most; he has never been there. I have spent many nights crying and wishing that I should have never been born. My parents never cared if I cried or no, they always thought about themselves
and because of that it makes me crazy sometimes. I know that they had their problems, but also did they forget that they had a child and it was their responsibility to take care?

They gave me everything, food, clothes, education all the basic needs were fulfilled, but I needed their love more than pocket money. How could I say? How could
I ask?" I paused for a breath.