part 3

I was nervous to go outside;

I knew I would find Aly, and he wanted to talk to me, which I don’t want to.

I also know at one point I have to face him. I sighed and got up. I walked outside I dialed my mother’s number; I thought of speaking to her.

As I opened the door, I crashed into Aly.

He caught me before I could fall. I stared at him as he steadied me.

He was wearing a white shirt with cufflinks, navy pants, and vests, silk navy Tartan Bow Tie not tied, brown leather belt and brown patent leather shoes. He was wearing a silver watch as well, but I couldn’t see the brand. His hairs were slicked all back to perfection.

I was dazzled when I saw him; he steadied me by holding me with one hand on my shoulder and another hand on my waist.

“Wow! You look handsome.”I said, smiling and trying to take in this sudden rush of attraction.

Am I suddenly too much aware of him? That I found him attracted all the time I wondered.

“You should see yourself first before complimenting me,”he replied with amazement.

“A girl can still admire, can’t she?”I asked, smirking.
“Oh yes, you can.”he replied blushing.

He distracted me of my motto by looking so handsome.

“I want to talk to you,”he whispered. “Sure, but later babe, I need to talk to my mother, see you around?”I said and started walking away without giving him a chance to reply.

“Sure.”I heard him say, and I turned to look at him, he was looking down, he looked sad.
I hit call and distract myself from him. Once done with the call, I went to see my friends;

They were seated at the front row and had a chair blocked for me. I sat beside Bharti.
“Hi,”I whispered.
“Hi.”she replied and nidhi and Avika smiled.

It was the same stage from last night but with different flowers and they built it like a tent with Maroon and golden theme; the chairs were arranged just like yesterday around the stage.

The Pandit was reciting the mantras and disha and rahul was sitting in the between doing what the Pandit ji guided them to do.

We were not talking; everyone was concentrating on the rituals. As I was looking at disha, my eyes focused on the person sitting on the chair exactly behind her.

It was rohit sir; he didn’t see me; he was too looking at the stage.

I smiled as I saw  Sir; which I always do. Then my eyes moved to his side and saw Aly staring at me and our eyes locked.

My smile faded when I saw him staring at me. He gave me a polite smile, and I returned his smile by smiling courteously.

Then I broke the eye contact by looking at my phone and then tried to look at the stage. For the past hour, I tried very hard to concentrate on the wedding but I couldn’t.

I was totally distracted by him staring at me all the time. I avoided him as much as it was possible. I knew it will be hard, but I didn’t believe it would be twice as hard as I thought it would be.

Again, I looked at my phone and scroll down the screen randomly, and then after five seconds look back to the stage and then again back to my phone. I repeated this for the rest of the ceremony.

Occasionally, I would end up looking at Aly; Who was he staring at me the whole time?

It wasn’t creepy, the way he was looking at me; It made me doubt for the decision I had made. ‘Am I doing the right thing by ignoring him?’for this question, I kept answering with multiple answers in my head.