Chapter 3

KELLY was busy scanning around the whole venue of their company's annual anniversary as soon as she arrived. Her eyes were already stucked to those chandeliers that can definitely make her more pretty once she captured a photo of herself with those background.

Looks like she's getting a million likes in instagram.

"Are you alone, miss?" biglang singit nang lalaki sa tabi niya. Kelly stared at the guy who suddenly make papansin to her. With just one glance, she knows that the man was a business magnate. But.. he's not her type so.

"I have other company. Excuse me, " she exited. The man was about to follow her but he was blocked by some investors.

Kelly automatically held her head high when she saw the media inside. She fixed her poise a bit and smiled sweetly to the reporters who fastly went to her way.

"Looking pretty as ever! Who are you wearing, Miss Brandon?"

She was disturbed by the flashes but since she's used to the spotlight, she managed to gave them the impression that she's enjoying everything.

"Well.. I didn't prepare that much since I have a schedule earlier. But I'm wearing Adelaide Leona open back burgundy bodycon dress with ruched lantern sleeve, " she answered, posing a little to emphasize her outfit.

The reporter smiled proudly.

"Wow, definitely the princess of Brandon! You look stunning as always!" walang tigil na papuri nito. "Speaking of Adelaide Leona, is it a sign that you're up modeling their label?"

She wanted to roll her eyes all of the sudden. Ang dami talagang napapansin.

"The owner and I are pretty close. She made this for me months ago. Their clothing line has already established a good image years ago so it doesn't need my service. "

They nodded. "They are really doing fine. And I heard the owner's also modelling her own works?"

Kelly smiled in that part. "Yes, " tanging sagot niya.

She was asked for a follow up questions but she got away when she was suddenly called by his mother who's having a conversation with the guests.

She was glad at that because she doesn't want the reporter to dig about Adelaide, her friend. That girl was too private.

"Hope you're enjoying the night, Mr. Lazaro, " galak niyang bati sa matandang negosyante.

She have been in the business industry for some quite time before. With that small amount of time, she learned how business works. And that includes how you tame a possible investor.

"Long time no see, hija. We've met in the cruise ship in England, am I right?"

She smiled and nodded. "Yes, Mr. Lazaro. It's been a year, I think. "

May ngiti sa labi na humarap ang matanda sa mommy niya.

"Your daughter's a fine woman, Mrs. Brandon. Perhaps, you can pair her up to my son?" he suddenly blurted out, looking at her.

"Oh.. " tanging sagot ng ina at nag-aalangang humarap sa kan'ya. "I think she's not ready for it, Mr. Lazaro, " her mother added.

Good thing her parents' doesn't want to use her for business.

"My son's a pilot. You two should go out sometimes, hija. Just try it. You'll make a wonderful couple, " pagpilit pa nito.

She's irritated now. Potential investor pa naman ang matanda pero nevermind na lang.

"Single ka naman siguro hija, diba?" ulit nito.

Okay, she needs to lie in this situation.

"I'm in a serious relationship, Mr. Lazaro. I'm sure your son's a good man but I have a boyfriend right now. "