Chapter 16

DAYS just passed fastly without even realizing it. Ngayon tuloy ay tulala lang siya habang nasa harap niya ang manager at abalang nagpapaliwanag nang magiging pag-alis niya sa katapusan ng buwan.

She knows that she had to. Alam niyang dapat siyang umalis ng bansa at tapusin ang kontrata. It was her long time dream. It took her years to finally get stable in her chosen career. That opportunity doesnt just pass to someone by luck. It was all about hardwork and sacrifice.

Madami siyang sinakrispisyo para sa pangarap niya. She left the country at her very young age and live independently in States. She left her friends, her family, her school. She lost some.. people she really treasured in her young days. Nasaktan siya doon.

She's in pain for years so why would she stop now that it's healing?

"Are you listening, Kelly?" Tito Rex snapped.

"Yes, Tito. " Huminga siya nang malalim at pinilit ang sarili na makinig.

"We'll go to Hongkong first. You have a shoot for an Asian cosmetics. I believe you are aware of that? Anyway, it was already long planned and we're just lucky that the brand is considerate enough to have a long preparation. " Ngumiwi ito habang naniningin sa iPad, scrolling some potential offers for commercials and endorsements. "This is disgusting. Let's drop this one, " ani nito kaya't taka niyang kinuha ang iPad.

Her forehead immediately creased when she saw the details. The soap product and the brand is kind of popular but what she didn't like is the theme of the commercial. Clearly, it shows racism and discrimination in color.

"Who the hell put that in the list of potential offers? It should be discarded as soon as they saw it, " irap niya.

"I'll talk to the team about this. The brand is quite popular but this can ruin your career especially that the public are now sensitive about issues like this. You can't say that you don't know racism and you don't know anything about the shoot because it will just look like you're making excuses. "

Right, she lived in foreign country for years and she will say she doesn't know racism? It's absurd.

Katulad nang mga nagdaang araw, Caleb and her keep meeting each other for dining. Usually, he would call her for breakfast or dinner. Talagang pinaninindigan nitong magkaibigan sila.

"Where should we eat?" Caleb asked her when their cars both stopped in a gasoline station. Convoy sila ngayon dahil may sarili siyang schedule kanina.

She can't think of anything. Halos lahat yata ng alam niya ay napuntahan na nilang dalawa.

"I don't know. Teacups again?" tukoy niya sa isang private restaurant na parehas nilang nagustuhan.

At the end, they ate their dinner at Teacups Deluxe. She likes how private the dining is. And even the customers are classy. They won't even flinch a bit with the presence of talk of the town. She recognized some and she's sure that they are all in corporate line. They doesn't care a bit with celebrities.

"Seems like you have many free time, " puna niya kay Caleb dahil maya't maya itong sumusulpot na parang kabute.

"Well, I own my time. "

Napairap siya, hindi na lang nag-usisa.

"You should socialize to gain more friends. " Tinanaw niya ang sasakyan pagkalabas ng restaurant.

"I have friends, " he answered.

She took her car keys in her pouch. "I mean, the one you can hang out with.. or eat outside. " Napabuntung-hininga siya nang makitang nagbikit-balikat lang ito.