Chapter 15

"YOU drugged him right? Because you want him under your dress and you know that your mother will not settle for less! Alam mong ipapakasal kayo so you manipulate everything!" Hindi na niya napigilang sumigaw.

Una, she doesn't care what Eli might have done in the past year. Harsh, but she doesn't care about what Eli had been through. Wala siyang nararamdamang simpatya sa dating kaibigan.

That's what she is. She isn't kind. And it will take time for her to sympathize. Maybe the reason why many hated her. From her old classmates, acquaintances,  and co-workers in her career field. They say she's mean, they say she's heartless, they say she don't deserved the fame.

But no one has the right to state what she deserves. She works hard for the things she wanted to be deserving of her. Hindi lang iyon bastang sinasabi ng iba. If you wanted to be deserving of something, live your life.

And whatever kind of being she wanted to be, no one.. no one could ever demand her to change. That's how much she likes her life.

"Stop it, Kel.." Napabalik siya sa sitwasyon nang marinig ang mahinang pagpigil sa kan'ya ng kapatid.

Her blood boiled again. Her brother is a fool. And she will promise to herself not to be like him.

Sarkastiko tuloy siyang bumaling sa kapatid, hindi makapaniwala. She understand that he might really care for Eli, for his wife. Malinaw rin sa kan'ya ang nararamdaman ng kapatid. But is it really enough to suddenly discard the mistakes Eli made in the past? Hindi ba dapat mas nagagalit ang kapatid niya? But why does he keeps protecting and taking Eli's side? He must be in rage! He must be keeping Eli away!

"What? Ikaw 'yung galit na galit noon, Kuya! You didn't want to get married but you have no choice because everything was already planned with mom and her mother!" she paused, staring at him. "And now you're acting like a grateful husband? When did the tables turned around?" She shouted her thoughts.

It is true! Noon ay galit na galit ang kapatid niya tapos ngayon ay ayos na lang ulit? Ganoon kabilis?

Her brother didn't answer. Annoyed, she stared fiercely at Eli, slowly losing the last piece of her control and patience.

"Sigurado ka ba talagang si Kuya lang ang naging lalaki mo? Dahil hindi na ako magugulat kung malalaman kung hindi anak ni kuya ang kambal—

Eli slapped her, hard.. waking her up to the words she said. Ang mga salitang hindi niya aakalaing magpapahiya sa sarili niya. Kelly, how could you say those words? You love the twins!

She tried to control her emotions, regretting everything that happened a minute ago. She wanted to hurt Eli. She wanted Eli to be guilty for leaving the kids! Gusto niyang saktan at basagin ng pira-piraso ang babae dahil sa madaling naging pagsuko nito! Hindi niya maintindihan kung bakit parang napakadali para dito na umalis at iwan ang mga anak nito. That's the only reason why she hates Eli. Hindi iyon dahil sa pagkakaibigan nilang naglaho na. Hindi iyon dahil sa nawalan siya ng matalik na kaibigan.

It was all because of Eli's rash decision. She didn't understand that thing at all. Bakit.. bakit kailangang umalis kung may problema?

"Are you hearing yourself, Kelly?" Eli asked, tears flowing down on her cheeks. "How dare you taint my children's identity?"

Natahimik siya, umaasang bumilis ang oras at magising na lamang na mag-isa na lang ulit siya. That way.. she can think better. Sa paraang iyon.. ang sarili niya lang ang kailangang kalabanin.

"Bakit kailangang umabot tayo sa ganito, Kelly?" mahinang usal nito kasabay nang paglabas ng mahihinang hikbi. "Do you hate me that much?" Yumuko siya, pinipilit parin ang sariling huwag manlambot sa harap ng babaeng ilang taon niyang sinasaktan sa isip, ang kaibigang ngayon niya lang namalayang ilang taon na palang wala sa kan'ya.