Chapter 34

HOWEVER, CALEB still tried to deny it. Kelly laughed and gently tapped his Caleb's back.

"It's late. I'm going in now. " Pagsuko niya. Tumingkayad siya para maabot ang pisngi nito. Caleb remain standing and quiet.

Tumalikod na siya para pumasok na sa gate ngunit sumuko siya at napabuntung-hininga. She slowly glanced back at Caleb.

"When will you tell me about it?" She smiled, although not reaching her eyes.

"What?" He stepped back.

Ngumuso siya. "You like keeping things from me. Everyone knows but I don't. I'm your girlfriend but I'm always clueless with everything.. that involves you.. " Napatigil siya nang may dumaang sasakyan. The car lights brighten the road. It flashes.. enough for the both of them to clearly see each other for a while.

Kelly saw him off guard. Like he wanted to say something.. but decided not to. He was always like that. She smiled bitterly

"I'm sure I'm not the kindest girl you've met. You know how I look to people. You know that many are sick of my attitude. You know that I don't care with lots of things.. with other people.. what they feel and what they do.. I.. I don't care about it.. "

Right. She can become worst when she likes. She can hurt everyone around her with words. Her loved ones are not an exception. She can always be a witch in someone's story. And many can possibly see her as a villain.

Nasabi na niya ito noon. Some might already forgive her for the words she said.. but it will never be forgotten. Siya man o ang nasabihan niya.

"It's not true.. " Caleb made her went back to senses. "It isn't true that you don't care. You care a lot. You probably don't realize it. And what do you mean? That you need to give a damn care to everyone? Is that how you define someone as 'kind'?" Caleb held her hand. She tried to get away from it but his grip was too tight. Nanghina siya at hinayaan na lang tanda ng pagsuko.

"You're adorable, don't you know that?" He said softly. Napasinghap siya at unti-unting napaluha.

"I.. I curse a lot. Drinks a lot. Spend a lot. Is that being adorable?" Paglaban niya.

Kelly define adorable as someone who is worthy of adoration. What did she do to be worthy of that? Many might like her.. her fans. But that's because they simply like how she does her job. It wasn't because of her personality. If personality alone, majority of people probably hates her.

But because she's doing a good job.. fans still.. stay. They are fan of her work.. not of her as herself. That's the reality.

The fame, the name, the achievements.. hid one's self. It hid her.

"I'm the one who set my eyes on you so I know.. " he whispered.

Suminghot siya. "Liar.. "

Caleb chuckled. "It's true!" Tumingin ito sa kan'ya bago hawakan ng isang kamay ang bewang niya. His other hand reached her face to wipe her tears. "See? You're adorable. I remember your cupcakes in my bag before. You're so cute for putting lots of heart shapes in the card. " Humalakhak ito na ikinainis niya. How dare he reminisce about that?! It's so embarrassing! She doesn't even know if the cup cakes tastes good or just average!

"I'm sure one day, you'll wake up and realized that you're already sick of me.. " pagpilit pa niya.

"Hmm. Should we wait then? If I'll get sick of you?"