Chapter 8

"BYE Ade, see you when we're both not busy, " Kelly kissed Adelaide's cheeks for goodbye.

Ade smiled. "Call me if something happens. " Tumingin ito kay Caleb. "Take care of my friend. She's slightly judgemental but I swear, she's kind and she's single right now—

"Ade!" She hissed.

Ngumuso lang ang kaibigan. Kapagkuwan ay lumapit sa kan'ya at bumulong. "Caleb seems like a nice catch. I was just trying to get you a boyfriend, " Are whispered.

Hilaw siyang napangiti kay Caleb nang makitang nagtatakang nakatingin ito sa kanila ni Adelaide. Ade laughed before going outside of her car.

Napangiti siya bigla. She never admitted it to herself before. But maybe unlike her perspectives before.. she must really have a friend. And it's Adelaide. Although, she never addressed Ade as her bestfriend, she genuinely care for the girl. And she knows that Ade care for her too.

"Don't you have to say your goodbyes to Freesia?" takang tanong niya kay Caleb.

He tsked. "You're with that again? I told you, she's a friend. "

Umismid lang ako. Imposible namang hindi ito nagkagusto sa babae kahit papaano. Kelly's been with the industry of pageantry for years know. And her eyes as a model, Freesia passed the standards.

At hindi ba't iyon ang uso ngayon? Bestfriends at tropa daw pero nagjojowaan. Kaya't hindi na siya magugulat kung isang araw, malalaman na lang niya na si Caleb at Freesia na.

"You find her pretty, right? Why don't your try to date her?" she asked, eventhough there's a lump in her throat.

His forehead creased. "Do I have to date someone because she's pretty? If that's your beliefs, should we start dating now?"

Napatigil siya. She was distracted with it. He was juts indirectly saying that she's pretty. Oo nga't hindi iyon ang unang beses na masabihan siya ni Caleb ng ganoon.. but she can't be used to it. When in fact, she get praises and compliments a lot.

Lumalim ang paghinga niya. She knows where she is leading too. But she's not sure.. if she's willing to continue the flow.

For what? She'll leave anyway. She still has a 2 years left in her contract abroad.

Inangat niya ang tingin sa lalaki. "I-I was just suggesting that you two would be a great couple. You both seem close too. Bakit hindi niyo subukan?"

You are torturing yourself, Kelly.

Biglang bumagal ang pagmamaneho nito. He's throwing glances at her from time to time. Nakakailang iyon.. at hindi siya komportable. She was nervous and all.. when she's not supposed too. Napadami ba ang inom niya ng kape?

The effect of the caffeine, maybe.

He glanced at her. "Why? Are you entering a relationship just to test if you two would work out?"

Nagbikit-balikat siya. "Hindi ba't ganoon? I mean, if you enter a relationship, isn't it about just two things? If it would last.. or a love falling apart. In conclusion, when you enter a relationship, it's all about testing everything. You either passed the test or you simply failed. " She paused for awhile. "But it should not only you who should pass the test. Dapat parehas. Kapag lumaglag ang isa.. hihina ang pundasyon. Hanggang sa matibag at maging piraso na. "

Caleb looked at her flatly. "Did it happened to your past relationships?"

Hindi siya makasagot. It's true. She had a few ex-boyfriends. Hindi na nga niya matandaan ang iba.

But in those relationships.. she's the one who failed the test. Because she doesn't have any answer to begin with.

Para bang.. hindi naman niya gustong pumasa.