Chapter 20

"HEY.. " tawag niya kay Eli nang makita ito.

Napalingon ang babae sa kan'ya. Siya naman ay ibinaba lang ang sunglasses na suot.

"Do you want to have a glass of wine with me?" she asked. Nagulat siya nang agad itong tumango.

"Sure. I'll just inform Lily.. " Eli answered. Nanlaki ang mata niya sa sinabi nito at agad umiling. She can't afford to talk to Lily too! Maybe tomorrow or the next day!

"T-Tayo lang sana.. " pigil niya. Between Lily and Eli, Eli's the one who's soft-spoken. Lily were like.. a talking robot.

"Oh? I'm just informing her about my whereabouts. Nasa kan'ya ang mga bata eh. "

Tila nakahinga naman diys ng maluwag. "I know a nice restaurant here.. " she stated. She googled expensive and nice restaurant near her area so.

"Okay, let's go there.. "

She uncomfortably drank her water. She doesn't know how to start. Would she order first or apology first? Damn. This is fucking hard.

"I'm fine with steak. You?" tanong nito. Thanks god. Eli knows how to initiate.

"Parehas na lang.. " tanging sinagot niya.

The steak and a bottle of wine was served. She was about to pour some on her glass but Eli did it first. The girl's also the one who poured her wine glass.

"Are you okay?" tanong nito, nararamdaman sigurong hindi siya komportable. She nodded nonchalantly.

"Yes, I'm just—

Hindi na niya natapos ang sasabihin nang bigla nitong hinawakan ang kamay niya. Her eyes widen in shock but Eli smiled. She immediately felt guilty about everything.

"I'm sorry for everything.. " Eli suddenly broke the silence. Agad na nanubig ang sulok ng mata niya. Shes the one who supposed to apologize. She admit her mistakes. And she's willing to be honest about it. But here is the girl who didn't give her the chance to first correct her mistake. Siya dapat ang unang hihingi ng tawad. It is her responsibility to say sorry rather than to receive an apology.

Umiwas siya ng tingin. "N-No, I'm the one who should say sorry. Kuya told me... " she said. "Kung alam ko lang sana, I should have not say those things. Kuya didn't explained it to us as soon as he found out. He said he wants to tell you first.. " She doesn't want to make it like she was making excuses but she knows that she need to tell Eli the details of her hatred. Afterall, it's the hatred she's carrying for years.

Eli  smiled again.  "It's fine. I accept your apology. " sinserong sagot nito.

She flashed a smile and held her hand. She knows that Eli and her brother would be legally separated soon but still she wanted to see if it was really what Eli wanted.

"I'm happy that you're getting along with my brother again.. " sabi niya.  "I'm sure that this time, things will work out, " dugtong niya.

Napailing na lang ito. "We're getting annulled, Kelly.. " answered.

She tried to be shocked. She parted her lips. Eli let go of her hand. Napainom ito sa wine.

"We maybe good but we're not planning to try it again. We're just civil for the kids, " pahayag nito. Nanlumo siya.

"I thought... "

"I know it's already late but I want to know myself more, hindi iniisip kung anong meron sa aming dalawa. And I'm sure, ganon rin siya. "

Malungkot siyang ngumiti. "Yes, but—

"Don't you want to see him happy? With the woman he truly loves?" Eli cutted her off. Siya naman ngayon ang napasimsim sa kopita.