Chapter 35

This will be the last chapter of Caleb and Kelly's story. To be honest, I had lots of things going on that this story is always on the least of my priority. If you're a reader of this since Chapter 1, you know that the update is always delayed. And I'm deeply sorry for that. I couldn't also do anything.

I guess I'm already at the age where it's becoming hard to balance time. It was always hectic no matter how hard I try to to balance it. And when I have a free time, it always go to rest—mentally and physically. Everything was too much that the time-frame I set was never followed. At the end of the day, my mind is always empty that I couldn't enjoy writing. I don't want that so before I write, I always want that my mind is clear so I can express my emotions well into words. And so I could give a better justice for this story.

I just turned 17 yesterday! I think it's a sign to improve. It's a chance to do better than how I'm doing when I was 16.

And the 16-year old me wanted to thank you guys for everything. Writing always.. always put her to ease. Things just didn't go well... she got tired... and she felt bad. But myself now knows what she really feels. She is grateful.. for everything.

Always thankful,
Remianah

———

HOW DO you really define love? Is it the devotion and attachment you feel for someone you call as lover?  Is it the assurance of affection and warm admiration? Is it the state of being unselfish loyal? A personification of Cupid and Eros?

Kelly only want a peaceful life for her adult years. She didn't have friend that much because she doesn't like dramas. She doesn't like to commit as she thought it only takes her freedom.

Pushing Caleb away is something her old self wouldn't dare to do. She was selfish for also many selfish reasons so she always like to secure the things she owns. Might be things or person.

But that didn't linger in her mind now. She doesn't know if she changed.. or if it's just her true self. The only thing she is sure.. she doesn't want to be a burden. She doesn't want to be a distraction for someone's dreams.

Her parents allowed her to live her life independently for her dreams. Her friends supported her for it. So why won't she do it for Caleb? The precious man she have ever met.

Sigurado siya na kung baliktad ang sitwasyon nila, hindi magdalawang-isip si Caleb na bitawan siya para sa pangarap niya.

Kelly hugged Freesia tightly when the girl visited her in New York. Agad siyang naging emosyonal nang makita ito. Siguro dahil isa si Freesia sa mga nagpapaalala sa kan'ya kay Caleb.

Isang buwan na nang bumalik siya sa trabaho. She didn't see Caleb leaving. Or maybe.. she just doesn't want to see him leaving. It would be hard for the both of them so they chose not to.

Their break up was healthy. It wasn't toxic. Well, their relationship isn't toxic to begin with. He's not a red flag. He always understand. He was always gentle. She never felt unsafe with him. Nor she got scared of him.

A relationship like that is rare for this world with people who grew up with lots of doubts and uncertainty.

"It's fine.. you're brave for doing something that will badly hurt you. I know Caleb knows that.. " si Freesia.

Tumango siya. Alam naman niya iyon. Pero siguro may mga pagkakataon na kahit tanggap mo na at alam mo namang tama ang naging desisyon mo, masakit parin.

Pero wala nang mas sasaya pa habang unti-unti niyang nakikita ang pangarap nitong naaabot. She was happy seeing the news of his success, the lot of investors supporting his project as they know that it has lot of potential and how people talk about it.