Chapter 22

KELLY WAS checked in The Langham— Hongkong's grand European hotel. She was delightful with the hotel. Maybe because at the heart of Tsim Sha Tau, high-end designer boutiques are waiting for her.

Caleb rent a Ferrari. Palinga-linga siya sa lalaki habang hawak ang card key.

"So.. you'll check in, too?" maingat niyang sinabi.

"Yes. Not beside your suite though. "

Napangisi siya. Ayos na! Hindi naman kailangang magkalapit!

"You know the famous Symphony of Lights? Should we go there? I think it starts at 8 PM.. " sabi niya habang paakyat sila sa floor.

Caleb nodded. "Sure. We can see it from the Waterfront. "

Kinuha niya sa lalaki ang maleta nang marating nila ang hotel niya. Kumurap siya nang maisip na hindi niya alam kung paano magpaalam.

"In the lounge here somewhere, they serve cocktails. Want to visit it later? Of course, after we go in the Waterfront. "

Ngumuso siya at tumango. She needs some booze right now so it is perfect.

"Go in. I'll just phone you. "

Kelly nodded again and gently pulled her luggage. Nang tuluyan niya iyong mapasok binalik niya ang tingin kay Caleb. She waved her hands at him and so he did it back.

Tahimik siya habang nag-aayos ng sarili. Alright, she knew that Caleb has the money to go with her. Ang sabi rin nito ay kaya naman nitong magtrabaho sa laptop. Pero hindi rin niya maiwasang mag-isip kung baka nagiging abala siya kay Caleb.

Her hair's falling, walang kahit anong ayos. Her top is an ivory strapless with a square neckline. Pinatungan niya iyon ng light cardigan. She pared it with a tiered skirt, reaching her knees and a Dr. Martens' shoes. She looked simple. She's like a typical Asian girl strolling around during night. Ang puting tote bag lang din ang hawak niya.

Tomorrow, Kelly's life will continue. She missed the cameras and the busy crowd. Alam niya.. noon pa man.. she is meant for this.

She tried handling their company before. But spending her day seating in her swivel and going to meetings bored her to death. Talagang hindi niya iyon gusto. She wanted something else. Iyong tipong hindi nananatili sa isang lugar. For a girl like her who likes to travel, her career now is the most preferable. She won't just stay in the studio everyday. She'll do tours. Visit countries.. popular travel spot or not. Explore different cuisines. And shoot in the long beaches, sandbars, wildlife, peaks and even at areas almost devoid of life.

This is her taste of freedom.

She's wondering if Caleb understand the nature of her career? Sinabi na niyang aalis siya. She'll probably get lost at the summit again. She'll be busy and won't have that much time to even think about anything else or someone else. Her career requires her to focus. Especially that she's on the top right now and failing suddenly is a.. pity and a shame. Or her for her side.

White shirt, jeans and brown leather shoes, Caleb looked so simple too. Para bang parehas lang sila ng naiisip. She smiled at him. Gumanti lang din ito ng maliit na ngiti.

"It's still 7. Want to visit the boutiques, first?" He looked at his wrist watch.

"Sure. I'm planning to buy a scarf.. Hermes or something. And perfume.. "

The night market is overwhelming. She can small the aroma from the different delicacies of Hongkong street. The unfamiliar music is on and everyone's busy.                 Nang marating nila ang hilera ng mga designer boutiques ay nangunguso siya. What would she buy again?