Chapter 17

TIME FLIES so past. Luckily, Kelly's brother was all fine. They are all worried with his after conditions and thanks God, he's still blessed after all.

"It's my niece's birthday so we're going out of town tomorrow. What about you? Work again?" Sumimsim siya sa kiwi ade.

Caleb nodded. For the past days, he's been busy with his company. Ngayon nga lang ulit sila nagkita after almost a week. Sa susunod na araw ay aalis na rin siya ng bansa. Ganoon kabilis ang oras.

Caleb's been silent all the time. He was the one who asked her to dine out but it seems like she was the one who initiated it. She pursed her lips and saw how tired his eyes are.

"Something happened?" mahina niyang imik.

Tumingala ang lalaki sa kan'ya. "How's your relationship with your parents?" Iyon ang pinakamahaba niyang sinabi mula nang magkita sila.

Weirded out by his random question, she secretly bit her lower lip, realizing where the conversation's going. "Uh, I-I don't have any problems with my.. parents. Noon siguro, when I was still starting with my career. Mom's not fully pleased with it but it's fine now. And Dad's just cool with everything. "

Hindi ito umimik at ngumiti lang. That moment, she also realized how lucky she is with her parents. And she knows that it isn't the same for everyone. Some parents.. now matter how they did bring you to life, can also caused you the greatest pain. Some gave you existence.. as their farewell.

"My mother's going to remarry again. " He chuckled. "For the fourth time.. "

Uniwas siya ng tingin. Katulad ng sinabi niya noon, ang sitwasyon ng pamilya ni Caleb ay hindi naman sikreto. She, even as a child, knew it.

"You.. You aren't happy with that?" she safely asked, carefully to not stir him up.

Of course, she don't dislike those who plans to remarry again.. no matter how many times is it. Because maybe.. they weren't just lucky with love.

"It isn't the marriage I disagree with. " He paused. "I'm just concerned with my sister. How could my mother find a time to look for someone to marry and then won't even visit my sister all these years?"

Natigilan siya, hindi iyon inaasahan.

"She contacted my sister because she's going to remarry,  not minding how Journey feels. She remarry the second time, the third, and now the fourth, yet she never once visit my sister. That's so fucked up, right? And who would believe her if she would said that she's busy and she doesn't have time. Damn excuses.. " Lumagok ito ng alak.

He.. He keeps on saying he's mad at his mother for not visiting his sister. How about.. him? Ayos lang sa kan'ya na hindi bisitahin ng ina?

Gusto niya iyong itanong. But she doesn't have a courage to.

"She didn't left her other children to his ex-husbands. Yet she did leave my sister in other's care. "

Napainom siya. His sister. Only his sister.

"How.. about your father?" mahina niyang sambit. He stared at her. Napaiwas naman siya ng tingin at bahagyang nataranta. "Well, you don't have to answer it. " Binawi niya.

"My father's fine with his family. " Iyon lang ang sinagot nito.

Guilty for asking, she tried changing the topic. She isn't that someone who can easy sympathize. Although, her mom's insisting that she is.

Sometimes, she can't understand one's suffering. Palagi niyang iniisip na kung para saan? If you knew, and you symphatize, what could it change? Mababawasan ba ang mabigat na nararamdaman mo dahil lang sa maraming naaawa sa iyo?