Chapter 33

REEVIERA was fun to be with. Rivi talks a lot, though. Bakit ba siya napapalibutan ng mga babaeng madaldal? First, Lily, then Freesia, and now Rivi? 

"That was fun! I have so many pictures that time!" pagkuwento ni Rivi sa field trip sa Baguio noon. Unfortunately, she didn't join that. Except that she find field trip borings, she's not really motivated that time. 

"You guys go Baguio for field trips? Why our university only went go to amusement parks and museums. Dito lang sa Manila! Not that it wasn't fun, it's just too near. Para tuloy hindi siya field trip. " Freesia while reminiscing her college days. May kinakain pa itong slice peaches.

"Well, sa high school kasi 'yong amin, e. College na 'yong sayo. I think field trips that phase is more of observation, diba? Tapos pagkabalik niyo ng class, the teachers will then ask you to write a very long reflection paper or a travel essay. " Rivi laughed. 

Ngumuso si Freesia. "You're right. "

"What do you do for living?" Tanong niya kay Rivi. Kumagat na lang din siya sa mixed fruit slices na binigay ni Caleb sa kan'ya kanina.

"I'm an event coordinator but I study business, too. That's why I'm managing my family's land banks. It was too exhausting so I agreed in a fixed marriage. Damien will manage the company and I can finally go back with my real job. " Nagbikit-balikat ito. 

"Don't worry! Damien's kind!" Pagtutulak pa ni Freesia sa kaibigan. 

Rivi nodded. "Hmm. I can see. But it doesn't really matter. As long as he won't interfere in my work. "

Agape already went home. Maggagabi na rin kasi. The rest were planning to have some barbecue at the pool side. 

"Rania, are you hungry na?" Tanong ni Freesia sa anak ni Daniel. The kid shook her head. Kinukusot pa nito ang mata, halatang bagong gising. Lumapit ito kay Freesia at nagpabuhat.

Umalis din saglit si Rivi kaya't sumunod na lang siya kay Caleb nang kumuha ito ng inumin.

"You're not hungry?" Caleb asked. Ibinaba nito ang pitsel sa island counter at yumakap sa kan'ya. "I didn't had the chance to talk to you earlier. Lagi kang kinukuha ni Freesia. "

Humalakhak siya at yumakap lang din pabalik. "You're busy talking to your friends, too. " Caleb gave her a peck. "You doesn't smell like alcohol. I thought you drink with them?" She asked.

Umiling ito. "Rania and Wine's here. We can't do that. "

Caleb crouched and his nose touch her neck. "Did you enjoy talking to them?"

Kelly smiled. "Yes. Rivi's nice. And of course, Freesia. Just listening to her sometimes makes me laugh. " She giggled.

Caleb laughed, too. "She'll beg to differ when she hears that. She characterized herself as someone serious and with no humor. "

Serious? Ano 'yon?

"Want some?" alok ni Phoenix ng lechong manok sa kan'ya. 

"Just some.. " aniya. Tumango naman ito at nilagyan siya sa plate ng ilang hiwa. "Thanks.. " Phoenix nodded and then went to Freesia to ask the girl, too.

Where did that lechong manok came from anyway. Wala pa 'yan kanina, ah. Did they order online or something.

"Gray really likes this.. " Lucas suddenly said.

Natahimik siya ganoon din ang lahat. Natigil si Phoenix sa paglagay ng pagkain sa pinggan ni Freesia. Tahimik namang inasikaso ni Daniel ang anak.

"With beer. He likes this with beer. " Si Zadrick naman.