Rejoice

(Sorry it's been like 2 months, my brother was just born!! Shits crazy guys, I'm exhausted but hopefully I'll be able to write more. Thanks for being patient! :))

Benjamin Merva had been arrested and the team arrived back at the office with great relief.

"May I have everyone's attention?" All eyes were on Emily. "Metro PD and the Bureau have been made aware of The Believers and possible activity following their leader's arrest."

"Well, we arrested 3. There's probably more out there. But if they follow cult dynamics, they'll break down without The Messiah. Typical cult. You think it's a cast of thousands, when really it's just 4 wackos sitting around in the dark."

A small smile on her face, Emily nodded. "I think we deserve some decompression time, and Rossi is kind enough to host."

"And I have some top-shelf wine picked just for the occasion."

"Okay!" Garcia exclaimed. "I have to do a systems check but please do not have too much fun without me. I will meet you all there!" She sang before hastily returning to her bat cave.

Spencer and Liz shared a knowing look, linking hands. "Let's go help another family before we can go home to ours."

The doctor pulled her close, an arm hooking around her waist as they approached Quinn's son. "Is my dad coming?"

"He's finishing up his final debrief interview. We'll keep you company until he comes down."

"Can you tell me what happened to him now?"

Liz sighed, sitting the teenage boy, allowing him to clutch her hand. "The first thing you need to know is that your father is a hero." It was then her phone began ringing, hands pulling away to answer it until a loud gunshot caused everyone to jump. "Alright, stay here."

Fingertips brushing their weapons, the couple made a bee line to the stairs, each of them practically jumping down as quick as possible, the athleticism really shining through as they burst through the door into the parking lot, guns aimed high.

They shuffled around, only to find Quinn in an open elevator, gunshot wound in his abdomen, covered by bloody hands. "What happened?"

He grunted, sliding down the wall for support. "It's her. She's one of them."

"Drop the gun, Agent Reid." They turned, ignoring the instruction. Meadows.

Liz cocked her head. "It's been you the whole time."

"Yes, it was. Quinn somehow figured it out first. Pity having to shoot him, but he can't give me what I want, and you can. Doctor, You and I are going to go upstairs and free my Messiah."

She scoffed. "You're in the heart of the FBI. As soon as our team figures out it's you, you'll be dead before you're out the door."

Meadows shrugged. "Then we need to work quickly."

"I'm not cooperating with you. Might as well shoot me." Spencer retaliated.

"I have a better idea." A car skid by, stopping abruptly to display Penelope Garcia in the backseat, a gun to her head. One of the men had made his way out of the car and behind Liz as she was distracted, wrapping an arm around her neck and dragging her towards the car.

Spencer began his frantic attempts to get her back. "No! No."

"I wouldn't do any of that if I were you, Dr. Reid. One wrong move and she's dead. You can either join us, or she's dead." He watched his wife get stuffed in the backseat with Penelope, her head harshly hitting the window when the door slammed shut. She was surely concussed.