Approve

"Madam Secretary." Liz stated, shocked. "I'm so sorry for missing our meeting."

Elizabeth McCord was Secretary of State, and a woman Liz looked up to an admired immensely. 

The woman scoffed, waving her off before placing a small white bag in Liz's lap. "You went through a traumatic experience, you shouldn't be worried about missing our meeting. And please, don't call me Madam Secretary, it's too formal. Who's this?" McCord reached her hand out, shaking Liz's before turning to Spencer who awkwardly waved.

"I hope you don't mind me calling you McCord. This is SSA Doctor Spencer Reid, he works at the BAU with me." 

"Hello." Spencer smiled shyly.

McCord opened her mouth slightly, forming an 'o'. "The fiance? Word spreads fast." Liz nodded.

"Well it didn't really spread fast considering we got engaged a year ago, but it really depends on what your definition of fast is. I'm sure it's altered compared to ours because you're secretary of state-" Spencer realized his rambling, stuttering out an apology. "I'm going to go get coffee. I'll be back in a bit."

"Okay, baby." 

The doctor soon left, leaving the two women alone to be consumed by their chuckles. "Sorry about that, he rambles a lot."

"Don't worry about it, Bundy. So, what are the damages?" 

"Concussion, a few bruises and a bad rib but it's not broken or anything, just really sore." The secretary nodded, offering a sad smile. "I was hoping that our meeting wouldn't be professional." She spoke, Liz narrowed her eyes.

"What do you mean?"

"I want to build a friendship with you." The brunette almost choked on air.

"Friends? With me?" She stuttered out, bewilderment visible all over her features. McCord laughed slightly. 

"Yes, with you." At that moment, Spencer walked back in with two coffees, handing one to his fiancee. "Ah good, you can have that with the chocolates I brought you." She looked into the white bag, finding the chocolates the secretary had mentioned. "How about every Monday we meet for lunch during our work break?" Liz glanced at Spencer apologetically.

"Spencer and I usually get lunch together. How about drinks every Friday?"

"Better, do you mind us doing it at your apartment?" The couple shook their heads just in time for McCord's phone to beep. "Right, duty calls. I'll see you on Friday, friend." She smirked.

"See you Friday, McCord." 

Spencer turned to Liz once McCord had left. "Friend?"

She shrugged. "I have no idea."

-----

A couple hours had passed and Liz was fast asleep, Spencer took this as his chance. He pulled out his cell, dialing a number he's only ever dialed once in his life. 

"Hello?" Her voice was sharp.

"Hi, Carole. It's me, Spencer." A pause.

"Is Elizabeth okay?" Her voice was emotionless, considering the fact that she found out her daughter was kidnapped. "She's fine, resting. I'm going to get to the point. I know you don't approve of us getting married, and I know she says she doesn't care but deep down she does. She wants you at the wedding, she's saving a seat for you at the front. Please be there."

A very long pause. Too long."When is it?"

"We're pushing it back, it'll be in four months."