Clandestine Love

(Liz's dress is above. If you don't like it, imagine her in something else but this dress with a veil is gorgeous oh my god.)

The bridesmaids were already dressed in their baby blue attire, helping slip the delicate gown on Liz's body.

It fit perfectly. Too perfectly.

Once it was zipped, she admired herself. Make up done, hair pinned back. All that was missing was the veil.

Soft knocks were heard, revealing Carole Ann Boone in the doorway. The bridesmaids took this as their cue to leave after speaking words of encouragement and expressing their love. 

"I don't know if you've already borrowed something for your 'something old, something new' tradition but if you haven't," She opened a small box, revealing a pair of diamond earrings. "These are yours."

Liz embraced the woman, catching her off guard. "Thank you, mom. I'll wear them." She pulled away, smiling as her eyes glazed. 

Turning to the mirror, she put on the earrings, smiling at her mother's reflection when finished. "Can you put my veil on for me?" Carole nodded. "The clip that's supposed to hold it in place is my 'something blue'" She pointed out the light blue gemstones. 

"What about your 'something old' and 'something new'?" The older woman asked, tending to the veil.

"My 'something new' is basically everything. My 'something old' is this bracelet," She held her wrist up, showing off the jewelry. "Penny's mother gave it to me, it used to belong to her a long time ago."

Once the veil was pinned and secure, they stared at the reflection in the mirror. "I love you, Elizabeth."

"I love you too, mom." Sharing once last embrace before leaving, giving Liz a minute to herself. She stepped towards a cupboard, smiling sadly at the blue bridesmaids dress that hung on the handle. "Wish you were here, Kate."

Aaron stepped in. "You look gorgeous." He smiled. "There's nothing I can say to change your mind? No claims to run away together?" Liz giggled.

"We both love the BAU too much to run away."

"Then we'd start our own BAU in Switzerland." They shared chuckles. "It's time." He looped his arm through hers.

As they emerged, taking in the fresh air and the cool weather, they finally made it.

They watched Emily and Rossi walk down the aisle, arms linked. Then Morgan and Garcia, JJ and Will, finally followed by Rose and Ethan, Spencer's friend from New Orleans. They were followed by Jack, a small cushion that held a thick wedding band and a thin one in his hands.

Liz had appointed the young boy as ring bearer. She smiled when he walked down, greeting Spencer with a high five. She could barely see her future husband, that's how long the aisle was.

The aisle was long, too long. 

It was her turn to walk, and all eyes were on her as everyone stood. She looked around, remembering all of her guests. Several agents, Nathan Harris and his mother, Elle Greenaway also stood. Chip Taylor with a baby in his arms and a girl clutching his arm, Matthew Gubler with his fiancee.

So many friends.

Her eyes caught the President and his wife, sending them a warm smile before shifting her gaze to Elizabeth McCord, her husband and 3 kids, then to Strauss. Before she allowed her eyes to meet Spencer's while she was still 9 feet away from the alter, her smile widened when she saw Diana and her mother in the same pew.

Liz finally allowed herself to see Spencer, clutching the bouquet in her hand tighter as she felt her legs fail her, praying she doesn't fall in her heels.