Noble House of Reid

Liz observed herself from the side in the mirror, stretching the fabric of her shirt over her stomach. The nausea had subsided, but the breathlessness hadn't. She'd just cut Spencer's hair when the sudden lack of breath hit her.

"We could always take a test." Spencer suggested once she'd finished cutting his hair. "Why don't we take one now?"

She nodded, following him into the bathroom where she collected three unopened pregnancy tests. "Shoo, I'm not letting you watch me pee." She ushered him out, giggling.

She did her business, inviting him back in where they both sat on the floor, side by side with their knees brought up to their chests, the tests in front of them. "How much longer?"

"2 minutes and 19 seconds."

The countdown was over, they flipped over all three sticks with the same result

Pregnant
12 weeks

Liz wasn't surprised they didn't know until so late. All she'd been wearing was sweaters and blazers or loose blouses. Sure, she'd noticed how she sized up in kevlar vests, but didn't address it during the hectic scene of the replicator.

They froze before Liz broke out into a chuckle. "You are the absolute worst at pulling out."

Spencer huffed. "That's the first thing you say?" He furrowed his eyebrows, his eyes boring into the stick. "How did we not notice for 12 weeks?"

"We work at the BAU, I think it's a miracle we noticed. So, is this a good thing? We kinda planned stopping at two." She nervously fumbled with her hands. Spencer grinned, planting a firm kiss on her lips.

"It's a very good thing."

They erupted into a fit of giggles, sharing an embrace.

Telling Diana and Lyle was definitely something to look forward to. The pair called them both to sit on the sofa with them. Liz softly guided Diana's hand to her stomach. Spencer began explaining.

"There's a baby in there."

Lyle gasped. "Baby?" 

"Yeah, and it's this big." Liz displayed the size with her fingers as Diana grinned.

"Like a jellybean!" She cheered.

"A little bigger than a jellybean, but yeah. Like a jellybean."

-----

Liz, Spencer, JJ, Morgan, Blake and Garcia stood outside the doors of the office, conversing about what they were doing when they got the call. Liz and Spencer obviously left the pregnancy part out, they weren't ready to tell them yet. 

"I say we all demand a vacation."

Liz scoffed playfully. "From the guy who works 3 jobs? Good luck with that."

The entire team reassembled in the conference room, reviewing the case. Liz made sure to rest her hands over her stomach, which now seemed a lot more pregnant than it did an hour ago due to their newfound knowledge. She didn't want the baby to hear all the murder talk. Spencer took notice of the action, resting his hand on her thigh to prevent suspicion.

"Sarah Beck and Jill Elks, were found in a park in Glendale, Arizona, within the last 3 days. Both of them were single, in their late 20s, and following their normal, low-risk routines when they were abducted. Sarah was on her way to a theater group rehearsal, and Jill was abducted from her apartment. The unsub broke in through a window."

"Clearly he's hunting a specific type. He left the jewelry untouched, it's not about robbery."

"Both women were sexually assaulted, and then they were shot in the heart and left in that prayer position."