Something Special

(Alright ladies and gents, a bit of Arabic in this chapter and I failed my Arabic class so if anyone finds a mistake, correct me.)

Waddling around at 36 weeks pregnant was no fun. 

Waddling around the BAU, talking to the team members was slightly fun.

The team all stood and sat in the bullpen, joking about all sorts of things.

"I'm just saying, the day I find myself settling down is the day Beth can reach the stage to get her award without tripping." Morgan smirked, drawing laughs from everyone and a faux scowl from Liz.

"Oh my god, that was one time in like 2003."

"Nope, 2004." He corrected.

Sharp pains. Sharp pains was all she felt in her lower abdomen and a hard pressure on her pelvis. She ignored it. Spencer noticed her discomfort. "You okay?"

She nodded, a smile on her face. The pain subdued. 

15 minutes until it came again. She shifted uncomfortably, catching Emily's attention. "How good has your Arabic gotten since you've started learning?"

Liz shrugged, still in slight discomfort. "Pretty alright, why?"

"هل ستدخل في المخاض؟ (Are you going into labor?)"

"لا أستطيع أن أكون ، أنا فقط في الأسبوع 36. (I can't be, I'm only at 36 weeks.)"

"أعتقد أنك تعانين من تقلصات. آخر مرة كانت قبل 15 دقيقة. (I think you're having contractions, your last one was 15 minutes ago.)"

"What are you guys talking about in your foreign language?" Rossi raised his eyebrows.

And that's when it hit too hard, the pain hitting her like a truck as she clutched Spencer's arm. "Baby time, Penny. Baby time." She croaked.

"Baby- Did you just say baby time?" He yelled in panic, his voice climbing at least an octave.

"She's had 2 contractions, 15 minutes apart." Emily informed.

"She's going into labor! We need an SUV!" Morgan called, earning a nod from an agent.

"Make that 2." Hotch added.

"Fuck! Oh wait, I shouldn't swear! The baby can hear! I'm sorry, baby." Liz whined. "Em, pass me a hairbrush."

"What?" The woman looked confused, hesitantly passing over the brush and watching her friend brush her hair in such a rushed fashion. "My hair and makeup look good, right?"

"Sweetheart, you look fine." Spencer almost laughed, but couldn't due to his panic.

"Your SUVs are outside."

-----

Everyone reached the hospital, Liz and Spencer were immediately separated from the rest of their team.

Soon after a lot of negotiating between Liz and the doctor, the rest were able to join them too with snacks and drinks while they waited for Liz to go into active labor, a doctor checking in to see how far apart her contractions were and how dilated she was.

The doctor told her to stay relaxed. Relaxed, right before she was about to push a human out.

But she complied, playing multiple rounds of poker where they substituted chips for the best vending machine candy. JJ guided her through the pains and Emily documented certain moments. She and Rossi talked about cooking and all the pasta he'd feed the baby when they were old enough.