Figure It Out

"Elizabeth?"

"Hi, mommy." Liz tried not to burst into tears.

"Lizzy, honey, what's wrong?"

"Mom, I'm pregnant. It's Spencer's."

"Are you sure? How long have you been together?"

"Yes mom, I've taken 3 tests. Only four months. We've not been together long, how are we supposed to have a baby? What if he leaves me? We're still young! Mommy what do I do? Please help me." The girl hysterically cried into her phone, clutching her stomach.

"Calm down, honey. Everything will be okay. He won't leave you. You can always come back to me and Rose. You have to tell him, Elizabeth."

"I know. Listen, Mom, I have to go. I'm at work." She wiped her eyes.

"Okay. I love you. Congratulations."

"Love you too."

Liz exited the bathroom, heading to the living room and seeing the back door open. She looked at the pool, the image in front of her running through her mind.

Lila Archer had pulled Spencer into the pool and kissed him. It didn't look like he was kissing back, he was frozen. A few seconds passed and he pulled away. "I can't. I have Ellie." Spencer began leaving the pool, his eyes locking with Liz's.

He didn't notice her shove the 3 pregnancy tests into her purse. 

"Ellie, wait!

"No, don't call me that. Don't even call me Ellie." Liz's frame was shaking as tears threatened to spill from her eyes, her voice still held a sense of authority and harshness. "Lizzy, it wasn't his fault." Lila pleaded.

"No, Lila! Remember that day I got my Juilliard form, I had gotten in but didn't want to go, so I gave you the spot because you asked, and we both know that if I didn't ask you would've taken it from me, right?" The blonde stayed silent, nodding her head 'yes'. "You would've taken Juilliard, you sabotaged countless of roles for me, but please, go ahead, have my boyfriend too."

-----

After Liz stormed away from her boyfriend, if she could even call him that anymore, and Lila, an immense guilt placed itself on her. She stepped back into Lila's living room, finding the blonde's sobbing figure on the sofa.

Liz embraced the girl, allowing her to cry into her chest. "Why are you hugging me? I kissed your boyfriend, Liz."

"I know. I'm sorry about Michael."

"It's wasn't Spencer's fault. I'm sorry." The brunette ignored Lila's mention of Spencer, not wanting to discuss the spat. "Lila, I'm pregnant. I guess this situation would've been different if I weren't. Maybe I wouldn't have gotten angry."

"Congratulations, Liz. I'm sorry, I really am. Please don't blame him, or break up with him. It's your decision, but please don't. Does he even know?"

"He doesn't. Where's your art work?" Liz stared at the empty wall, pondering the colourful art that was once there. "Spencer needed to take it apart, they're in the kitchen now."

The two girls made their way to the clinic, finding Spencer, Elle, and Morgan rearrange the painting. "Lila, it looks like someone's been stalking you for years. This tells your whole life story. Movie premieres,  theater playbills. Everything since college."

"That's our country house. Right there." Lila pointed to the picture of the small house, leaning into Liz as she spoke. The agent wrapped an arm around her, attempting to provide comfort. "Who gave you this collage, Lil?"