Failed Qualification

In a span of 5 weeks, the team had dealt with 3 serial killers, an abduction and a sniper. Lets look at what happened between those cases.

The flight back to Quantico was quiet as the team had dealt with a serial killing rapist. Liz, Spencer and Gideon sat together, the men occupied in a game of chess as Liz wrote in a peculiar book.

"Oh Spencer, I have something for you." Gideon pulled out a box, smiling as Spencer opened the gift. "You don't give presents." 

The doctor pulled out two tickets to a football game. "Wow, the Red.. Skins. Thank you."

"It's a V.I.P Box. You're gonna love it." 

"We are, you're coming with me, right?"

"No. Someone else on the plane is a huge Redskins fan. Only person in the world who calls you Spence." The trio's eyes landed on the blonde as Liz felt her heart sink.

"JJ?" The boy sounded confused. He looked to Liz, an expression that screamed 'I'm sorry' as he silently begged for her to say something. When she ignored him, he got up and trudged to the back of the plane, not before moving a chess piece, calling "Checkmate."                                                 

-----

Spencer Reid was getting restless. The BAU had just solved an abduction case, where a twin had been taken and Elizabeth Bundy somehow managed to ignore him before, during, and after the case.

Liz sat on her sofa, her eyes on the TV as she softly pet the dog next to her. The agent was exhausted after coming home from work and resting her gun on the coffee table next to her. A small rattle came from the door as she jumped up, grabbing her gun and pointing it at the once closed door that now revealed a bewildered Spencer. "Please don't point a gun at me, I know you're mad."

"What are you doing here?" Liz fell down onto the couch, putting her gun away. The doctor held up a bag of food. "I brought food. Can we talk? You haven't talked to me since we closed the last case and that was last week."

"There's nothing to talk about."

"I didn't finish what I was going to say." Spencer blurted, making the woman narrow her eyes, sitting up straight. "When you asked me if I regretted what we did that night and would've rather had JJ, I didn't finish."

"Then finish what you were going to say." Liz didn't even look at the man next to her, her eyes fixated on the TV. 

"I didn't want you and I to be a one time thing." Her eyes instantly softened at his words as she turned to him. "I didn't want it to be a one time thing because I like you and I thought you didn't like me back. And then we kissed a few times and I thought you were confused-" Spencer didn't get to finish his sentence as Liz caught him in another kiss. Cliche to the max, am I right?

"I didn't want it to be a one time thing either." The two were still centimetres apart.

"What are we, Ellie?"

"Whatever you want us to be."

-----

It had been roughly a week since Liz and Spencer entered a relationship, and only the two of them knew. They agreed that their relationship would be the one thing they could keep between them at the BAU, at least until it had to be forced out. The couple spent a lot of time at the doctor's apartment, spending most nights there too. But they made sure not to enter the office together, Spencer always pretending to arrive 10 minutes early to prevent speculation. The couple also decided that physical contact was only allowed when the room was empty or no one was looking, and according to Spencer 'under the table' counted as no one looking. Not dirty things under the table, get your mind out of the gutter. Nice things like holding hands. The gutter is for the apartment.