Something Like That

It wasn't a secret that Spencer and Elizabeth Reid barely had any time for themselves. Between work and 2 children, they were lucky to even have a long conversation, which explains why they haven't been on a date in almost 4 years. 

They layed in bed, basking in the silence of 3:00 in the morning, wrapped up in blankets and each other limbs. Spencer's finger traced the outline of Liz's lips.

"I love your lips. I love the way they feel with mine." He whispered, watching her press the tiniest kiss on his finger. He began tracing her nose, cheekbones, and jawline. "I love your face, how small it is and how I can do this." Spencer covered almost Liz's entire face with his massive hand, eliciting giggles from both of them as she pushed his hand away.

"I love you." He declared, his gaze so lovesick it made Liz's heart melt. He ran his hand along the curves of her figure, over her stomach and her thighs. She smiles softly, resting her hands on his cheeks. "The light of my life." He leaned down, kissing her shoulder tenderly.

"You sound so cheesy. You're so cheesy." Liz stated through soft giggles and a bright smile.

"I'm the cheesiest." Spencer smirked, capturing her lips with his. "You're the Mary to my Matthew." The Downton Abbey reference had both of them giggling.

"I don't think so. They start off not liking each other and Matthew dies." She frowned slightly, tilting her head. "I think you're the John to my Anna." She claimed, earning a nod of approval. 

Silence. Spencer stared down at her like she was the most important thing in the world, soaking in every feature of hers. "You're staring, Dr. Reid." Liz sang. He furrowed his eyebrows.

"Am I not allowed to stare at my wife?"

"You have an eidetic memory, I can't risk you remembering the image of me in bed, looking messy."

He smirked, hovering over her. "You're the most beautiful image in my mind. As for the in bed, looking messy part," He trailed off, a light slap meeting his arm.

"What do you think of moving? To a house. Not now, but in a year or two. We've been in this apartment for 6 years, and I think Dee's going to want her own bedroom soon. We'll create a separate savings account for it."

Spencer nodded. "Yeah, it's a good idea. We'll save until we can buy, but on one condition."

"And what's that?"

"We get better curtains."

"Deal."

----- 

Saturday was always a good day for the BAU, and it was even better for the Reids.

It was their family day if they were ever all in the same house.

Spencer and Liz Reid were woken by a harsh dip in their bed and giggling. "Mommy! Daddy!" Diana exclaimed in pure excitement. "It's Saturday!"

Both parents smiled groggily, their eyes still adjusting to the light seeping through the curtains and into their bedroom. "That's right, sweet girl, it's Saturday. And" Liz turned to read the time. "8:00, oh god."

Spencer sat up, taking the girl into his arms. "Alright. If I can trust you to go and brush your teeth while mommy and I get out of bed, we'll make pancakes. Deal?"

"Deal!" She chirped, scrambling out of the room. Liz sighed, her head falling back onto Spencer's chest. "Aren't you and Garcie taking Dee to that convention?"

"Yeah. Are you sure you don't want to come with Lyle?"

"I'm sure. We're running errands today. First to the bank, then groceries."