34

Kiara

My life has been going downhill ever since I met Dario Romano. Everytime that I get a glimpse of hope that maybe there is a chance that I can escape this alive I get a reality check. This is just the icing on the cake. It can't get any worse than this. A baby. An actual baby. I'm carrying HIS baby.for the second time.

I blame myself. I knew it would have ended up like this. I should have taken the chance and have someone get me a plan B but then Dario would've probably found out about it. Still, as we sit in the car on our way from the doctor's office I can't help but wonder how he is so calm.

"How are you this calm?" I decided to ask.

"Did you want me leaping for joy?" He sarcastically asked.

"Considering how badly you wanted a baby out of me, I don't know if I'm surprised that you didn't or if I would've been more surprised if you did."  I said honestly.

"Seriously how are you not as shocked as I am?" I fussed at him. He just sat there on his phone cool, calm and collective.

 He just sat there on his phone cool, calm and collective

"I would have been shocked if you weren't pregnant. You were ovulating, the only way you would not be pregnant right now is if you went behind my back and made that mistake again." He said referring to when I used to sneakily take plan B's.

In other words, it's a good thing that I didn't even though I was considering it. Dario would've definitely found out and the punishment would've been severe but still, for him to be this certain.

"Wait.. how did you know I was ovulating?"

"I know my wife's cycle." He said glancing at me.

"Oh my God.. did-did you plan this Dario!?"

"Can I not have a baby by my wife?" He rose a brow at me.

"Dario I am only twenty two! Do you get that 22years YOUNG! What the fucc am I going to do with a damn baby? Did you not think of that—of the responsibility you're casually dropping on my shoulder? You are so fuccin SELFISH!"

The slap that followed nearly knocked my head off its hinges. My right cheek was left with a stinging sensation even the tears that flowed down my face burned.

"Y-you hit me?" I never thought I would be a victim of domestic abuse and yet here I am in an abusive relationship.

"Do not disrespect me. I've told you that from day one-

"But I'm pregnant with your child!" I shouted with tears streaking down my face. How could he even think of raising a hand on me after I just gave that revelation.

"Do your best to remember that. I wouldn't want to lose my temper on my pregnant wife." He said giving me chills. What kind of monster do I sleep with?

 What kind of monster do I sleep with?••