41

Kiara

 "So what do you think?"

"I can't believe he actually got you this place. I'll need you to let me try your p*ssy since it got Dario this whipped." Camilla joked.

"You play too much, you better not let your wife hear you talk like that."

"Please Kiara, she'd probably want to share you." She smirked making me blush in embarrassment. "Seriously though, I can't believe he actually bought the building for you." She added still freaking out on the fact that her brother really did buy me a building.

Surely when Dario said he had a surprise I didn't think it was this. He had gotten wind of the conversation I had with Camilla a while back when I spoke about owning my own restaurant. Buying me a building to open up my own place though? I know he had the money and the means but I definitely wouldn't expect him to ever do something like this for me—not something this nice. It's literally the best gift he has ever given me but I would never tell him that or even utter the words not even to Camilla. That's why I'm trying my bed to react as nonchalant as possible especially in response to her little inappropriate comments.

Just by glancing around the empty building had me excited. I could envision everything that this place could be, everything I wanted it to bed—exactly what it would be. Managing the club was never in my best interest but this restaurant is literally one of my dreams. I would hire both respectable men and women and have a security guard at the exit doors because contrary to popular beliefs a lot of shxt happens in restaurants that could be avoided if security was present. I wouldn't be cheap like my past employer. I would pay my employees well and treat them with equal respect, give them off days and have special deals to encourage more customers and ultimately make profits.

"You look so excited." Camilla smirked at me.

"You're the only person I wouldn't hide it from." I said honestly. I wouldn't want Dario to know this actually pleased me.

"How about we buy something to eat since we're already out?" She suggested. I didn't mind having outside food for once. It's been quite a while so I nodded in agreement. Taking one last look around my soon to be restaurant I followed Camilla to the car. Ofcourse Dario would not have me out without his lapdogs so we drove between two black SUV's filled with armed guards.

"Oh lord tell me why Dario is calling me.." Camilla rolled her eyes starring down at her phone. The luxury of being a free woman..I miss having access to a cell phone.

"Si Fratello.."
(Yes brother..) She answered with a sigh.

I tuned out the half conversation I was hearing and brought my attention to the window watching the buildings zoom by.
"What the hell?" I mumbled to myself watching an idiot overtake us like he was Vin Diesel. Suddenly a loud crash sounded infront of us only to realise that it was the guard vehicle that was ahead of us. I don't know wtf was happening but the next thing I knew was Camilla was talking italian way too fast for even me to understand while on the phone with Dario and our vehicle as well as the one behind us started driving extra fast. I'm talking I had to put on my seatbelt fast AND I WAS IN THE BACKSEAT . I was confused and scared all at once until I noticed that we were being pursued which actually made me feel worse. Someone was after us.

They started firing at us while the man in the front fired at them as well as the two others seated at the back with us. I was freaking out because how tf did it even come to this in a matter of seconds. We were on the highway having a freaking shootout and speed chase all at once. That's what you would see in those action movies and the actors always escape without a scratch but this was reality and I am very pregnant. Our men successfully shot down the vehicle that was chasing us but instead of stopping to see who the perpetrators were we continued speeding but no longer on our way to any restaurant. We were off route now.

"W-where are we going?" I asked no one in particular but received silence in return. I turned to Camilla just as she ended the call.

"Well?" I questioned.

"I'm sorry we'll have to dine another time Kiara, Dario wants us—well more so you with him right now."

"And where is Dario?"

"At one of his warehouses." She informed me. I was already on edge from the high speed chase and now I'm supposed to willingly walk into a warehouse where I know Dario deals all his illegal business from drugs to murders. If their goal was to scare me shitless and make me sick to my stomach then surely they've succeeded with flying colors because I honestly feel like I could puke right now.

Dario

"Lasciaci"
(Leave us) I said as soon as my men brought Kiara to my office. She stood by the door unmoving but from where I sat I could see her trembling.

"Come regina della mafia, dovresti aspettarti incidenti come questo in futuro. È la norma soprattutto ora che siamo in guerra."
(As mafia queen, you should expect incidents like this in the future. It is especially the norm now that we are at war.)

"Non ho mai chiesto questa vita."
(I never asked for this life.) She uttered her eyes casted to the ground.

"No, ma questa è la tua vita adesso. Mi dispiacerebbe sapere che non hai ancora accettato quella realtà."
(No, but this is your life now. I'd be sorry to know you haven't accepted that reality yet) I am beyond tired of this conversation happening in circles. Kiara constantly expressing her disapproval of this life anytime things get tough. She needs to toughen up at the Mafia Queen and be done with these depressing thoughts. This is her life and I am tired of drilling it into her.

"Are you okay?" I asked glancing over her body and I heard her scoff in response. I chuckled trying my best to restrain from hitting her.

"Is something the matter, wife?"

"You're only now concerned with my wellbeing. I could've been bleeding out right infront of you but you would be too blind to see it."

"I would watch my Tone if I were you Kiara. I am upset enough, don't you think?"

"This whole mess is your fault Dario. If anyone should be upset it's me. All you had to do was marry-

"Don't even utter her name." I practically growled. Her frightened moment is clearly over if she believe she can speak to me like that snd still have the nerve to wear a smirk on her face.

"I an beyond grateful that you are pregnant, it's the only thing keeping me from striking you." I spoke honestly. Her eyes went wide and she took a step back against the closed door. I only chuckled in response.

"Have a sit, I need to address my men and formulate better security tactics. It would do you well to stay in my office." I spoke by passing her as I opened the door and left.

Really trying my best to write and update as much as possible before the semester starts😮‍💨