CHAPTER NINE

I'M OFFENDED ON SO MANY LEVELS
✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧

I'M OFFENDED ON SO MANY LEVELS✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧

✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧

"So, Reggie, what are your Christmas plans?" Seraphina asked, using the nickname the younger Black brother wasn't a fan of but had learned to accept by now.

"I guess I'm going home," Regulus shrugged, "Sirius won't be coming with me. But mother wants me to come home for Christmas."

"That sounds — fun," Sera said, imagining the horror that a Christmas with Walburga Black must be like.

"What about you?" Regulus wondered as the two of them walked back to the castle after Quidditch practice.

"I think I'm going to stay at Hogwarts," Sera shrugged, "But I still have a week left to decide."

"I thought a girl from a family like yours would rejoice in going back home for Christmas," Regulus said, looking a little surprised by her indifference.

"It's not as simple as one might think," Sera smiled tightly, "And it's not like Christmas here is bad. Food is great, I get the same amount of gifts and I finally get my dormitory to myself — which I'm not gonna lie, is the best part."

"Have you spent many Christmases have you spent here?" Regulus asked curiously, never having paid much attention to whether she went home during breaks or not.

"You don't have to look at me like I'm a kicked puppy," Sera rolled her eyes, "My brother, Arthur, his wife and kids spend Christmas with her family every other year. Before I would just spend Christmas with my dad, or at least at his place — but that's not an option anymore. I spent Christmas my Third Year here — the year he died. It was pretty nice — except for the fact that my dad had just died."

Regulus nodded in understanding even though he couldn't relate to it. Both his parents were alive and while they weren't exactly loving, they always welcomed him home with open arms. Sirius was the outcast, not him.

"So," Regulus decided to change the subject, "I heard Snape talking about the Slug Club Christmas Party, looking forward to it?"

Sera let out a groan, "Please don't remind me," she complained, "I have nothing against Slughorn as a teacher — because he likes me. But the one and only previous Slug Club party I've attended was horrible. I considered stabbing Rosier with my fork every time he opened his mouth."

Regulus snorted at that and Seraphina let out another whining noise, "And I have to get a date to this damn thing."

"I'm sure you won't have any difficulties finding one," Regulus snorted.

"Hold on," she turned to look at him with a wide grin, "You can be my date."

Regulus eyes widened but she gave him no time to respond before she continued talking, "Not my date date. Just the person that goes with me to the party and stands next to me so I don't look like a complete failure to the universe."