CHAPTER FORTY

LIFT UP YOUR SHIRT
✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧

LIFT UP YOUR SHIRT✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧

✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧

Seraphina's plan after Sirius had been shown his room was to go to bed herself. But she found herself worrying about him; a person who had just been disowned by his parents and that had just ran away from home shouldn't be alone. And while James was a wonderful friend, he was a bit dense at times and when someone told him they were 'fine' he had a tendency to believe them.

She made her way through the empty corridor and knocked on the door that hadn't been properly closed, so it opened a little bit. When she couldn't see Sirius she frowned a little and stepped farther into the room, "Black?" she called out.

"How can I be of service, darling?"

"Bloody hell!" Seraphina exclaimed, almost jumping out of her own skin. She spun around and came face to face with a smirking Sirius Black. Only his smirk didn't hold the same confidence and amusement as it usually did; it seemed almost forced - not that she blamed him. "You don't sneak up on people like that!"

"But you do break into other people's bedrooms?" Sirius snorted.

"I was looking for you and the door was open," Seraphina explained.

Sirius stepped into the room and closed the door behind him, "I was brushing my teeth," he told her. "Why were you looking for me?"

"Because you are such a wonderful company," Seraphina rolled her eyes. "I just wanted to make sure you are - okay."

"Aaw, you worry for me," Sirius smirked again. "Don't worry, I am fine."

"Black, I am a girl. I wrote the book on 'I'm fine'," Seraphina told him pointedly, crossing her arms over her chest.

"I am finally far away from my old hag of a mother and the rest of my wretched family," Sirius said. "How can I be anything other than happy and relieved? And for future references, not that I am complaining, you really shouldn't cross your arms while wearing that kind of beautifully revealing top-"

"Oh, sod off," Seraphina glared at him. Then she punched him in the shoulder, not even hard enough to bruise, which is why she was so surprised when he visibly winced and grimaced in pain. "What's wrong?" she asked worriedly.

"What's wrong?" Sirius asked in disbelief. "You punched me."

"Not that hard," Seraphina mumbled, a feeling of dread washing over her, when an awful thought popped into her head. She took a step towards Sirius who stepped back, but the next time she was quicker and managed to pull down his long sleeved shirt a little to see a nasty black bruise on his shoulder.

A lump formed in her throat and when she looked up at Sirius's face again she saw shame in those beautiful grey eyes and he definitely noticed the horror in her blue ones because a slightly forced smile appeared on his face, "It's nothing really. I just bumped into the doorframe-"