CHAPTER SIXTY-FOUR

I JUST LOVE OUR BANTER, SEVERUS
✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧

I JUST LOVE OUR BANTER, SEVERUS✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧

✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧

"Today's task is very simple." Seraphina announced. All the teams were gathered inside the common room, sitting in their groups. "Even the greatest wizard and witch needs to know how to manage without his or her wand. Therefore, I now ask you to place your wand in the box that you have been given."

"This is ridiculous," Rosier sneered at her.

"You don't have to participate, Rosier," Seraphina retorted, sending him a challenging look. Glaring at her, he reluctantly placed his wand in his box. Many of her housemates rarely ever left their wand out of reach.

"I just find it ridiculous that we aren't allowed to use magic," Rosier scowled. "If you can't use your magic, you don't belong here."

Sera waved her hand every single lid, on the boxes filled with wands, closed, "You need your wand to practise magic?" she asked him, putting very little effort in hiding her smirk. Dumbledore would have disapproved of her showcasing her magic so openly, even though it was something as simple as closing a lid.

"Reggie, will you do the honour?" Seraphina asked, turning to the dark haired boy beside her. Regulus muttered a spell and levitated a bunch of different ropes and a few other things into the centre of the room. "Your purpose is to tie yourself together. The team that it takes the longest for me and Reggie to untie wins."

"Does every team member have to be tied up?" Pucey wondered.

"There is no rule for it, but it might take me and Reggie more time," Seraphina shrugged. "You have fifteen minutes to do it."

"Notice that the presence of children I have refrained from making any comment about the ropes-"

"And we all thank you for that, Avery," Seraphina told him. "Ready, set, go!"

Watching everyone run forward and grab as much rope as possible was more amusing than Seraphina had anticipated. Since she hadn't said that it wasn't forbidden to find other supplies, a few people ran up to their dormitories to fetch more supplies. "Don't hurt the First to Third Years," Seraphina added loudly. "The rest of you are on your own."

When exactly ten minutes had passed most teams had managed to tie themselves together pretty well. Which is why Seraphina almost died of laughter when the sound of a horn rang through the Common Room. At first, some people seemed confused about what it meant but then they quickly caught on.

"You bloody bitch!" Mulciber yelled angrily but Seraphina just laughed at how the five teams were trying to solve the situation as quickly as possible. None of them had even noticed how Regulus slipped away to get down to the Black Lake.

"Screw the knots, lads and ladies," Avery ordered his team. Some of them had their legs tied together, others their hands and it looked extremely funny to see them try to untie the knots on their own which meant that everyone was making it more difficult for each other. "We will have to fix that later," he told them. The entire team then started to move towards the door and up the marble stairs.

Eventually, all teams had left the common room, leaving Seraphina alone there. She plopped down on one of the low backed black and dark green button-tufted, leather sofas. Moments earlier she had barely been able to hear her own thoughts over all the yelling and now a pin could drop and she'd hear it.

Looking over at one of the large windows overlooking the Black Lake. The guys had told her about how the Gryffindor tower gave a perfect view over the Hogwarts grounds and the Forbidden Forest, and she guessed there was a certain charm to that. When it was dark outside, the view from the Slytherin dungeons were practically non-existent since the lake would live up to its name. During the days it gave the common room a green tint that of course suited the Slytherin vibe. At times she wondered if that was why Salazar Slytherin had chosen the dungeons for House Slytherin.

"Oh, you are still here," Snape said in disappointment after descending the stairs from his dormitory.

"Your eye-sight is remarkable, Snape," Seraphina said sarcastically. "Has anyone ever told you that?"

"I am surprised you even know the meaning of the word 'remarkable'," Snape sneered at Seraphina just as picked up a discarded book from the mahogany coffee table but put it down again once she realised that she had read it. Then she zoned in on the book Snape was clutching to his chest. It wasn't that potions book of his that he always seemed to be carrying around.

"Protection Charm Your Mind: A Practical Guide to Counter Legilimency?" she read the cover loudly. "Planning on learning Occlumency, are we, Snape? Don't you have to have something in your head to protect it?" Seraphina asked.

Snape's black eyes narrowed into a harsh glare, "You would know all about that, wouldn't you?"

"I just love our banter, Severus," Seraphina smiled brightly, knowing it would annoy him. "Although, now that I think about it, Occlumency is about emptying your mind of thoughts, which should be rather easy for you considering there is nothing there."

"And suddenly you are an expert on Occlumency?" Snape scoffed.

"Who ever said I wasn't?" Seraphina shrugged nonchalantly.

"Everything about you," Snape sneered.

"I do not know what I did to make you think so little of my intelligence," Seraphina said. "Just because my entire personality isn't to have my nose stuck in a book, doesn't mean that I am an idiot."

"You are a natural at anything that has to do with magic," Snape told her, which could have been a compliment had he not added, "but you have no idea how to use any of it. Hence, why you don't belong in Slytherin."

"Has it ever occurred to you, Severus, that me not flaunting around my perfect grades or how I am some kind of prodigy is because I don't need everyone else's validation to feel good about myself," Seraphina asked calmly. "I got an O in all of my OWLs and that is good enough for me. I don't need everyone else knowing it. I don't need everyone thinking I am the smartest person in the room or that I surely will become the next Minister of Magic. I know what I can do and I will do what's enough to achieve my goals. I have ambition, I just don't have any interest in making it my entire being."