CHAPTER ONE-HUNDRED-SEVENTEEN

I'M GOING MAD
✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧

I'M GOING MAD✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧

✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧

Seraphina never considered herself claustrophobic before being stuck in a cramped tunnel inside a mountain in the middle of nowhere. It felt like the walls were closing in on her for every passing second — only she'd not be able to see if the walls closed in because she couldn't see anything through the darkness.

"Think, think, think," Seraphina muttered to herself. Giving her wand one last try she waved her wand in a circular motion and said, "Lumos."

Once again she was disappointed when no light appeared out of her wand. Stretching out her arms, Seraphina's hands brushed against the wall on each side of her as she took a careful step forward. Once more she was reminded of the small cut on her hand and opted to close it into a tight fist to prevent it from bleeding.

Seraphina didn't know for how long she walked slowly, one step at the time, before she took one step and instead of her foot landing on the ground there was nothing there. She only just managed to stabilise herself before falling forwards into Merlin knew what.

Instead she stumbled backwards and let out a shaky breath. At first she considered just going back through the tunnel but that felt like a failure. Not to mention that she had absolutely no idea how to open that wall again.

Taking another moment to think, Seraphina was suddenly reminded of all her lessons with Tom about creating fire. Her wand didn't work for her, but maybe elemental magic would. Therefore she put the wand in her boots to not drop it.

Seraphina took a deep breath, gathering her thoughts as she tried to focus on creating some fire. Normally, she'd use the heat of the sun to channel its warmth — Seraphina would go as far as to say that she was quite good at it by now — but this proved a challenge.

But then she felt a warmth against her left palm and the path ahead of her was illuminated by the light. Seraphina let out a relieved sigh and stretched out her hand to shed light on her path.

Apparently the lack of ground ahead of her wasn't as bad as she thought. The fall she risked earlier was only about half a metre and now that she could see where she was heading, Seraphina smoothly jumped down and continued her walk which definitely was easier now that she could see where she was walking.

For a few more minutes Seraphina continued her descent down into the mountain. As she walked the tunnel grew taller and wider. When Seraphina finally could see a large opening at the end of the tunnel, she quickened her pace.

Sera didn't know exactly what she expected to find once she reached the large cave in the core of the mountain — but was slightly disappointed when it looked like a perfectly normal cave. No gold, ancient drawings or treasures — only large boulders and pointy rock formations.