CHAPTER SIXTY-SIX

I AM SORRY FOR YOUR LOSS
✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧

I AM SORRY FOR YOUR LOSS ✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧

✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧

"Is that from Lyra?" Seraphina asked when a letter was dropped down onto the table in front of Regulus. "Never mind, wrong hand-writing."

"Don't you have anything better to do than snoop?" Regulus asked her in annoyance.

"Snoop? It's called showing interest in your friend's life," Seraphina corrected him. "When is the wedding?" Since he was seated across from her, Regulus kicked her shin underneath the table in response. "Ow, bloody hell, Reggie. I was just asking out of genuine interest."

"There is no wedding," Regulus grumbled. Lyra Malfoy was Regulus' childhood friend that he had contact with on a monthly basis. She also happened to be Lucius Malfoy's sister which meant that she was of a respectable birth and therefore a suitable wife for the current heir of the Black family. Only neither wanted to marry the other it seemed.

Ignoring her, Regulus opened the letter. Seraphina had some sense of privacy and focused on her breakfast instead. Seconds later, Regulus stood up abruptly, clutching the letter in his hand. His normally apathetic air had vanished. Instead his face showed nothing but a clearly forced indifference.

"Reggie-?"

Before she could finish her sentence, Regulus stormed off. Picking up her bag, Seraphina didn't even hesitate to follow him. Getting unnecessary attention wasn't in Regulus' nature. Unlike his older brother who relished in the attention he got when he entered a room, Regulus had the ability to remain mostly unnoticed until he wanted to be seen.

While his steps were quicker than usual, he didn't run. Therefore, Seraphina didn't want to run either since it likely would make whatever upset him worse. Since classes were about to start soon, she had to push through the crowd and almost lost sight of the youngest Black.

At first she thought his destination was the common room. Only once he reached the dungeons, Regulus headed in the opposite direction. "Reggie!" she whisper-yelled now when they were mostly alone. Making sure no one else was there, Seraphina jogged to catch up with him. "Where are you going?"

"I don't know," Regulus snapped, which was worrying because he rarely showed emotion. "I just - I needed to be alone."

"Do you want me to leave?" Seraphina wondered. Everyone needed to handle their emotions differently and if it was privacy he needed, she'd give it to him.

"No," Regulus shook his head. The vulnerability displayed in his cool grey eyes made her worry grow.

"Do you want to talk about it?" she then asked, gaze flicking down to the crumbled letter in his hand.