CHAPTER TWENTY

OH, BLOODY HELL
✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧

OH, BLOODY HELL✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧

✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧

Despite having been friends for years, Sera had never seen Remus in his werewolf-form. He had never allowed her to. Too afraid that she would 'see him as the monster he truly was'.

While Seraphina never, ever, would be afraid of Remus, see him as a monster, or blame him for anything that happened during a full moon, she couldn't deny that she was frozen in fear for a second.

How couldn't she be when a large wolf with grey fur stood staring at her. His eyes almost seemed human, but there was no trace of compassion in them.

Beside her Snape looked he was going to faint. The wolf snarled, baring its sharp teeth to them. Sera knew that she didn't have much time to think nor to act, so before Snape could react she had managed to push him towards the open hatch.

Like expected the wolf leaped forward and rammed into her, sending her flying through the air until she knocked into a wall, hitting her head in the process while also getting the air knocked out of her.

Sera did the first thing she could think of; the same thing she had done to Rosier and Mulciber weeks ago. When the wolf leaped forward for another attack it was like the time around him slowed down as he was mid-air, her magic pushing him away from her.

"I'm so sorry, Remmy," Sera mumbled as she thrust her hand forward, sending the wolf flying across the room, through the door with enough force to break it.

Seraphina didn't know if she was supposed to be happy that she hadn't injured Remus by mistake, or absolutely horrified when the werewolf stood again, a vicious howl ripping through the air.

Wasting no time standing up Sera tried to ignore her dizziness and crawled to her feet just as a large stag rammed into the werewolf from the side, buying her some time.

Her eyes connected with the stag's for less then a second and just by looking at its hazel eyes she immediately knew who it was: James. She had not believed it to be possible for a stag to look worried, but James looked absolutely terrified.

She stumbled towards the hatch in the floor, she managed to send James a half-smile while jumping through it. The last thing she saw before closing the hatch was a black dog joining the stag in trying to keep the growling wolf from lunging at her again.

Her entire right side was throbbing, and so was her head, forcing Sera to close her eyes for a few seconds, in an attempt to get the world from stop spinning. Another howl broke her out of it and she practically lifted Snape to his feet and pushed him to walk in front of her.

"If I hear a word from you right now I will kill you myself," Sera warned him, her tone dead serious.

Snape did what he was told, not saying a word as he stumbled in front of her through the passageway. Sera's hand pressed against the root covered walls as she followed him, bringing her the support she needed to not fall over.

Once they were out of the tunnel, Snape pressed the root, allowing them to pass without being killed by the branches; imagine being killed by a tree after escaping a werewolf.

"What's wrong with you?" Sera exclaimed, surprising even herself because she had decided to not speak with him.

"What's wrong with me?" Snape turned to her, his eyes almost looking crazed and as usual, he was scowling. "Lupin is a werewolf, a beast-"

"Don't call him that," Sera took a threatening step towards him. "Ever." She channeled all of her anger into a glare that even would make Voldemort cower, "As a matter of fact, if you ever mention any of this to anyone - I will end you."

"Are you threatening me?" Snape sneered at her.

"No, I'm simply explaining exactly what will happen if I so much hear a rumour about Remus's condition here at Hogwarts or anywhere else," Sera said, blinking rapidly when she felt black spots appear before her eyes.

"What the bloody hell happened in there!" James hollered, walking towards them in a rapid pace, back in his human form. Sirius was close behind him, a scowl on his face.

"For some reason Snape decided to take a little walk in the moonlight," Seraphina once again grabbed her housemate by the arm. "But don't worry, I've already explained to him what will happen if he decides to share what happened tonight."

"The only reason I'm even here is because he told me to to!" Severus yelled, pointing accusingly at Sirius.

"He what?" Seraphina slowly turned around to glare at Sirius. A flash of shame crossed his handsome features before he covered it up with an apathy that reminded her of Regulus. "How could you do that?"

"I didn't think he would be stupid enough to come here," Sirius defended himself but it only made her angrier.

Letting go of Snape she instead marched towards Sirius and shoved him backwards, not hard enough to make him fall, only to make him stumble. "What in the name of Merlin is wrong with you? You could have gotten him killed!"

"Why do you even care if Snivellus lives or dies?" Sirius yelled back. However he did nothing to stop her attacks, he just continued to stumble backwards.

"Do you think Remus would have been able to live with himself if he had killed someone? Do you think he would have ever been the same?" Sera was about to launch another attack when a pair of arms wrapped around her waist.

"Calm down, Sephy," James tried to calm her down.

The rage she was feeling was overwhelming, almost frightening for her. A part of her was glad James was trying to calm her down - the other part wanted to punch him.

"You always talk about how terrible your parents and brother are! How all Slytherins are monsters," Sera struggled against James's grip, "but you are no better than the people you hate! You don't care about anything other than yourself!"

She had clearly struck a nerve because Sirius face fell completely. Then his sadness morphed into an anger that easily could rival hers, "Don't you dare compare me to them!"

"Why not? You were willing to risk Snape's life for your own sick amusement!" Sera glared at him and Sirius returned it with equal intensity.

The magic that flowed in her veins were so intense that she felt like it would explain at any moment. Meanwhile her head was pounding so loud that she barely could hear what she was saying.

"Does anyone else smell blood?" James asked, breaking their glaring match.

Sera felt the sudden need to get far away from them. She elbowed James in the stomach hard enough to get him to release her and without another word she stormed towards the castle.

Snape was nowhere to be seen, he had probably escaped when she started to scream at Sirius. Behind her she could hear both James and Sirius call her name.

After barely having gotten twenty metres away from them a wave of nausea hit her and her vision turned blurry again. Stopping in her tracks she desperately tried to keep herself standing.

The pain in her head got worse and she brought a hand up to the back of her head and she felt something wet on her fingers. Bringing her hand back in front of her face she noticed the crimson liquid. Her legs could no longer carry the weight of her body and her vision turned black as she fell to the ground.

The last words that left her mouth was, "Oh, bloody hell."