CHAPTER ONE-HUNDRED-TWENTY-ONE

I'LL WAIT FOR YOU
✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧

I'LL WAIT FOR YOU✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧

✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧

"You've done well, Seraphina," Dumbledore praised her as the two met up inside the rundown room inside Hog's Head. "Truly, I am most impressed. If Tom believes he's successfully manipulated you, you've achieved something not many witches or wizards could."

"Lying and acting like something I am not comes naturally to me it seems, who would have thought?" Seraphina asked sarcastically. "And who knows, maybe he's the one to have fooled me. At this point, it's impossible to see who's gained the upper hand. The only thing we can be certain of at this moment is that Tom knows, that I know who he truly is – which means he'll expect me to either join him or refuse his offer."

"You stand before the same crossroad your mother did many years ago when she discovered Tom's true identity," Dumbledore admitted with a deep sigh.

"You had my mother spy on Voldemort too?" Seraphina asked disbelievingly.

"No, I did not," Dumbledore shook his head. "When your mother discovered his true identity, she did not consult me before confronting him. To my understanding they fought and when Kenna realised she couldn't win – she fled and by then it was already too late. The target on her back was too big. She was forced into hiding – to work from the shadows – until she eventually grew tired of it, stepped into the light and – well, you know the rest."

"The only thing keeping me from becoming Voldemort's enemy number one is that he believes he has a hold over me," Seraphina concluded. "When he starts to doubt my allegiance – or my magic grows powerful enough to be a threat to him – I can start planning my own funeral."

"Which is why we must make sure that by the time that happens, he's already been defeated," Dumbledore said determinedly. "You'll help us take him down from the inside."

"All of the Death Eaters will distrust me," Seraphina reminded her former headmaster. "Voldemort will be on his guard. Even if I discover anything useful, I won't be able to get that information to the Order without risking my entire cover to be blown."

"I understand that," Dumbledore assured her. "I do not expect you to report everything that you hear – the risk would be too high."

"How am I supposed to report to you?" Seraphina wondered. "I will definitely be under constant watch by everyone."

"Only make contact if it's safe," Dumbledore told her. "You know where I'll be, I won't necessarily know where you are."

"And what will I tell everyone?" Seraphina asked her most dreaded question. The pile of lies would only grow within the upcoming weeks. "We don't know for how long I'll be gone. It could be for months – they'll grow suspicious."