CHAPTER TWELVE

NOT THE HAIR!
✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧

NOT THE HAIR!✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧

✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧

"Step one, turn on the oven," Sirius read before looking up, "Does anyone know how to do that?"

"I think it has something to do with fire," James stood beside Sirius as the two looked at the oven with a thoughtful expression.

Sera just looked between the two Gryffindors in disbelief, "Are you telling me that neither one of you have turned on an oven before? Like ever?"

"That's what we have house elves for," Sirius stated, probably not even realising how spoiled he sounded, "The most vindictive house elf ever - but he knows how to turn on an oven."

"Merlin's beard," Sera facepalmed after turning on the oven. "You two are truly a wonder."

"We know," James and Sirius chorused proudly.

"And the wonder is how you became such idiots," Sera finished her sentence, snatching the recipe from James. Mrs Potter had put them in change of baking the Christmas cookies.

"Okay, step one is to beat one cup of unsalted butter and one cup sugar in the bowl," Sera read the recipe. "Who wants to do that?"

"When you say 'beat'-"

"I do not mean that you are supposed to punch it," Sera answered before James had the time to finish his question.

"That's a bit of a disappointment," James told them. "But I suppose I can do it. It sounds fairly easy."

"While James does that you should find the eggs and vanilla extract, Sirius," Sera told him.

"Who put you in charge?" Sirius dared her, crossing his arms over his chest and cocked a perfect eyebrow.

"You when you didn't know how to turn on the oven," Sera deadpanned, mimicking his stance.

"Fair enough," Sirius shrugged, surprising her by not arguing.

While they argued James used a wooden spoon to beat the butter and sugar in the bowl like a maniac. Honestly, she was surprised that it didn't splash over the entire kitchen.

"Okay, when Jamikins has managed to slaughter the butter and sugar into a heavy cream, "We need to add two teaspoons of vanilla and one egg into the bowl. Sirius, hand me an egg."