CHAPTER ONE-HUNDRED-TWENTY-SIX

NO ONE WILL KILL YOU
✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧

NO ONE WILL KILL YOU✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧

✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧

Seraphina's first night in the Malfoy Manor felt lonely and cold. The previous morning she'd woken up in the arms of her loving boyfriend, but this day she woke up in a large depressing room completely alone, in a house filled with strangers.

Somehow, it reminded Seraphina of the first weeks of her first year at Hogwarts. After being so used to her old home it had felt so strange sleeping in a foreign bed in a dorm surrounded by strangers.

Despite waking up quite early, Seraphina spent at least an hour staring at the wall, imagining she was somewhere else while feeling a little pathetic for being homesick after one day. After finally dragging herself out of bed, she got ready for the day but couldn't bring herself to leave her room.

It just felt wrong to aimlessly stroll around the Malfoy Manor for several reasons. One being that her hosts probably wouldn't appreciate her lurking around. Another being that she didn't like the thought of accidentally bumping into a Death Eater.

Upon exiting the bathroom, Seraphina found a cup of steaming tea and a sandwich on the desk in her room. Looking around in confusion, she also realised that her bed had been made. Her best guess was that one of the house elves did it.

Seraphina glanced at the food suspiciously. Surely the Malfoys would never poison a guest — not if that guest had been invited by Lord Voldemort himself. And unless she wanted to starve, Seraphina needed to eat the food she was offered while living there.

About twenty minutes later a knock interrupted Seraphina as she levitated the empty tea cup in the air in front of her. Startled by the sound, the tea cup fell towards the floor but her Chaser reflexes kicked in and she caught it easily.

"Uh, come in," Seraphina said, standing up from the bed just as the door opened to reveal Tom. Clad completely in black from top to toe, his dark robes made his skin look even paler than usual. "Morning," she smiled awkwardly.

"Good morning, Seraphina. Did you sleep well?" Tom asked, disinterest clear in his tone.

"I don't like new places," Seraphina shrugged, seeing no reason to lie. With all the lies she would have to tell, sticking to the truth when it was possible was necessary to not completely lose herself. "And I hate not sleeping in my own bed."

"You'll get used to it," Tom told her apathetically. "Come with me," he then said.

"Eh, where?" Seraphina wondered.

"Downstairs," Tom said, pursing his lips in annoyance when she didn't immediately follow him. No one else would dare to question him. "There are a few people I would like for you to meet."