CHAPTER SIXTY-FIVE

LOSE WITH SOME DIGNITY
✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧

LOSE WITH SOME DIGNITY ✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧

✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧

HOUSE CUP POINTS
LET'S NOT THE HOUSE CUP FORGET,
EVEN THOUGH THE LIONS, EAGLES AND BADGERS BARELY ARE A THREAT.
GATHER AS MANY POINTS AS YOU POSSIBLY CAN WITH YOUR TEAM,
AND I PROMISE YOU WILL BE HELD IN HIGH ESTEEM.
ANSWER QUESTIONS CORRECTLY OR DO A GOOD DEED,
AND YOU MIGHT JUST GET IN THE LEAD.

Rules:
Gather as many house points for the House Cup as possible. You have until the end of the week when the winning team will be announced. Loss of house points will also be counted (with the exception of points taken by Slytherin prefects).

With the additional motivation to gather house points, Slytherin students had acted like true model students for the next week. A few of her housemates, who like Seraphina chose not to answer questions in class since they saw no point, started to raise their hands at every question. Often they knew the answer, but didn't raise their hands because it didn't add up until the final grade.

It made classes far more amusing since Lily rarely got to answer questions anymore. Since First Year, Lily had been the sort of student that raised her hand to answer every single question the teachers asked - sometimes even without them needing to ask. Seraphina knew the answer most of the time, but usually she only ever raised her hand when no one else did.

Now, it was quite amusing to see her housemates almost fighting to answer every single question, baffling the Gryffindors, Ravenclaws and Hufflepuffs. Every fourth year, the Slytherins behaviour would greatly confuse the other houses, but no one ever really dared to ask what they were doing. And those who dared got a cold 'I don't know what you're talking about'.

When it finally was time to find out who'd win the Slytherin Cup of 1977, all the Slytherins were once again gathered in the common room. The hourglasses had been kept hidden for the past days to make it more of a surprise who'd won.

"Now, the moment we have all been waiting for," Seraphina said loudly, gaining everyone's attention. "Before we look at the score, I have to say - it's kind of an obligation apparently - that you have all done marvellous work these past weeks. Now we just have to find out who's done a little better job than everyone else. Reggie," she held out her hand and he handed her the scroll containing the final score.

"In fifth place, Team Mulciber!" Seraphina announced and everyone applauded while the losing team looked a bit disappointed. And angry.

"In fourth place," Seraphina continued, "we have Team Rosier."

Noticing how Evan Rosier looked ready to explode, she continued before he could start protesting, "In third place, Team Farley!"