CHAPTER FIFTEEN

WHAT JUST HAPPENED?
✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧

WHAT JUST HAPPENED?✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧

✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧

Seraphina sat with her legs spread over the couch that stood in a scheduled corner in the Common Room, a clear sign that she didn't want anyone to sit down beside her. And thankfully most of her fellow Slytherins knew her well enough to not bother her when she was studying.

Despite never having problems in school Sera was by no means a genius. She was talented when it came to practicing magic but she had to study like everyone else when it came to theory. With the O.W.L:s just around the corner she found herself spending more and more time with a book in her lap.

Usually she spent a lot of time with Remus in the library but unfortunately he was in the Hospital Wing recovering from another rough transformation. She hated seeing her friend suffer so much and truly wished there was something she could do to help him.

Seraphina wasn't an idiot. She knew that the boys had managed to become Animagus' in order to help Remus but he had made it very clear that he didn't want her anywhere near the Shrieking Shack when he transformed. It was his way of protecting her, but it annoyed her to no end.

"Sera!"

Seraphina looked up just as a breathless Regulus fell down on the couch, having slipped in the carpet when he came to a halt. He landed awkwardly over her legs and his chin knocked into her forehead.

They released a simultaneous groan, both of them rubbing their injured areas. "What just happened?" Sera asked, looking around to make sure no one had seen their very smooth moment. Luckily everyone else in the Common Room were too busy with their own lives to notice.

"You have to come with me," Regulus told her, looking around the room like he was worried someone would overhear them. "Please, just come with me. I'll explain on the way."

She had never seen him like this. Regulus always appeared calm, almost apathetic. She supposed that was what happened when you grew up with strict parents. He was great at hiding his emotions and remaining calm - so something was definitely wrong.

"Okay," Seraphina shut her book and followed Regulus out of the Slytherin Common Room. Once they were outside she asked him again, "Reggie, seriously, what's going on?"

"I was going back from the library," Regulus told her, "When I heard voices. And when I walked closer I saw Mulciber and Rosier cornering one of the muggleborn Gryffindors. I don't remember her name."

Sera's eyes widened in horror, "Where?"

"The Corridor by Professor Binns' classroom," Regulus said and she barely let him finish his sentence before she was sprinting through the corridors and up the stairs to the First Floor.