CHAPTER THIRTY

BLOODY GRYFFINDORS
✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧

BLOODY GRYFFINDORS✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧

✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧

"I don't understand why we have to see this rubbish match," Regulus grumbled as the two sat in the Great Hall for breakfast. It was the day of the Quidditch match between Ravenclaw and Gryffindor.

"Because," Sera rolled her eyes, having been forced to listen to her Seeker complain about her keeping him away from his very busy day at the library since she had told him he needed to go to the game, "it's good sportsmanship to watch our opponents games. And more importantly, this game will determine if we win the Quidditch Cup or not."

"Yes, but there is nothing we can do now, so why torture ourselves?" Regulus pointed out but before Sera could respond a roar of applause echoed against the walls of the Great Hall. Seraphina's attention, much like everyone else's, turned to the entrance where the Gryffindor team entered with James and Sirius in the lead.

"Bloody Gryffindors," Avery muttered from right beside Sera. But she barely heard him over the deafening cheers from the lions. For once, Seraphina agreed with Avery.

"I will get permanent ear damage if I have to sit through one of their games," Regulus complained from her other side. "The upside of playing against them is that I can fly high enough to not hear their incessant screaming."

"Wear earmuffs," Seraphina told him.

"Won't that look weird?" Regulus asked her. "It's the middle of May."

"Be a rebel," Sera bumped his shoulder with hers. "Wear earmuffs during spring. Show them that you won't let the weather determine your clothes."

"Or we could just sit as far away from the Gryffindor stands as possible," Avery told the two.

"Or we could do that," Seraphina agreed with him.

Once breakfast was over, Seraphina and the rest of the Slytherin Quidditch team made their way down towards the pitch. Most of the students were still eating, but they wanted to beat the crowd to get good seats and don't be forced to stand in lines.

"OI! SEPHY!"

Seraphina stopped as they walked down the hill towards the pitch to see James, Sirius and the rest of the Fifth Year Gryffindors walk towards her. Knowing that a fight would break out if she allowed them to come in contact with her housemates, Seraphina turned to her fellow Slytherins.

"Would you save me a seat?" she asked, mostly towards Regulus since he was by far the most reasonable one.

"Of course," Regulus promised her. Although she noticed how his cold gaze was directed towards his brother even when he spoke to her.

Seraphina noticed how Rosier was scowling in the direction of the Gryffindors. "Save your blood-traitor comments until after the game, Rosier," she told him.

Thankfully, Avery seemed to have woken up with more sense than usual because he started to usher the rest of the team towards the pitch, giving Seraphina the opportunity to be approached by her lion friends.

"Shouldn't you two be at the pitch already?" Seraphina asked James and Sirius. "I saw the entire Ravenclaw team go down there half an hour ago."

"We are better prepared for the games than the Ravenclaws," James said confidently. "I went over the tactics with everyone yesterday so they had enough time to memorise it."

"I'm impressed," Seraphina told him. "You must be genuinely frightened of the Ravenclaws-"

"Scared?" Sirius scoffed loudly. "Of the bookworms? Please. Their team has been a disaster all season."

"Maybe, but you still have to win against them with at least three hundred-and-forty  points if you want to win the Quidditch Cup," Seraphina reminded him. "So I feel like the trophy is standing securely in Slughorn's office for another year."

"Okay," Remus said, stepping in before this could turn into an argument. "There is no need to fight today."

"I was not fighting, Remmy. I was simply stating facts," Seraphina smirked. "But I won't bother you any longer. I will see you all after the game-"

"Do you want to sit with us?" Lily offered with a kind smile.

"I can't," Seraphina smiled apologetically. "I have to sit with the blokes-"

"You want to sit with them?" Sirius spat out.

"Must we have this conversation again?" Seraphina rolled her eyes, getting reminded of how they had acted after Slytherin won their match against Ravenclaw. "They are my team and I want to sit with them."

With that, Seraphina turned around and walked towards the pitch. It truly annoyed her how mostly James and Sirius seemed to forget that she was a Slytherin. That they couldn't understand that she sometimes she actually wanted to spend time with members of her own house.

Some of them might be despicable people, even a few of those she was forced to spend time to due to the fact that they were on the same team, but others weren't that bad. Some were even quite nice.

Sera climbed the stairs up to the stands where she found the entire Slytherin Quidditch team and a few more people from their house seated, waiting for the game to start.

Regulus was the first to notice her and he immediately scooted over to give her enough room to sit down. "I'm surprised you came," Regulus said in a dull tone. "Thought you would decide to sit with your friends-"

"And miss hearing you complain about everything under the sun?" Seraphina asked sarcastically. "How could I?"

"You make me sound like a whiny child," Regulus glared at her.

"Not a whiny child. A spoiled and most honourable boy of House Black," Seraphina ruffled his hair.

Regulus glared coldly at her and Seraphina just grinned in response, "Aaaw, and now you look like an angry puppy."

"Just watch the game," Regulus rolled his eyes but she could have sworn she saw his lip quirk up slightly in what could have been a smile.

Deciding that she had teased him enough for now, Seraphina turned to the pitch just as the two teams entered. The Ravenclaw and Gryffindor stands cheered the loudest while the rest of them just sat there, clapping politely.

Just sitting there, watching the game that would determine who won the Cup, made Seraphina anxious. She'd much rather have the pressure of playing in the final game of the season than sit in the sidelines and hope the Ravenclaws wouldn't lose it completely.

Much like her teammates, Seraphina frowned every time the lions scored a goal. For a moment she actually feared that the Ravenclaws would give up and let the Gryffindors win just for the sake of getting them to lose.

But then the Ravenclaw Seeker dove for the Golden Snitch and Gryffindor's Seeker, Townes, had no other choice but to dive after him. And so when the Gryffindors caught the Snitch and won with three hundred-and-ten points, the Slytherins cheered the loudest.

Because while the lions won the game, the serpents won the tournament.