CHAPTER THIRTEEN

GOOD TALK
✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧

GOOD TALK✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧

✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧

"HAPPY CHRISTMAS, SEPHY!"

Sera groaned in pain when she felt someone jab an elbow into her ribs while simultaneously crushing her. She didn't even need to open her eyes to know that it was James who had decided to wake her in a not so gentle manner.

"Happy Christmas, Jamikins," Sera patted his back, her voice slightly strained from having had the air knocked out of her, "Now could you get off me before I die of suffocation?"

"Where is your Christmas spirit Sephy?" James asked her and she finally opened her eyes to find him grinning down at her, his hair even messier than usual.

"I think it was broken along with my ribs," Sera tried to push him off her. She noticed Sirius standing in the doorway, smiling at the scene of her being crushed underneath James. "Wipe that smile off your face."

"Come on, Sephy!" Sirius grinned, "Don't be a downer at Christmas."

James finally rolled off her, "It's time for presents!" he shouted before running out of her room, past Sirius, almost knocking him over before the grey-eyed boy ran after him.

Sera laughed at his excitement and rolled out of bed. She then calmly walked down the stairs and into the living room where a beautifully decorated Christmas tree stood. Underneath it laid more presents than she'd ever seen under one tree.

They were all neatly wrapped in glossy Christmas wrappings, mostly in red and green, with golden ribbons around them. It looked almost like one of those Christmas cards muggles sent to each other that her brother had brought home from work.

The only thing that ruined the perfect image was the two idiots who sat by the tree, searching for the gifts with their names on them. Sera laughed at their childishness, walking over to sit down on the couch close to the tree.

"How old are you two?" Sera snorted when she saw them rip the paper like wolves devouring their preys. "My nephews take more time opening their presents."

"Don't be such a downer, Sephy," James said, inspecting the broomstick servicing kit he had just opened. He then picked up a present that wasn't as neatly wrapped as the others and threw it to her. "Join us and experience what's Christmas is really about: gifts." Then in afterthought he added, "and you know, being with all the people you love too."

Sera rolled her eyes at him and snorted loudly when James crawled under the tree in search of more gifts. Her attention then turned to the soft present in her hands.

Happy Christmas Seraphina
Best wishes from Arthur & Molly with family

Sera unwrapped it and wasn't surprised when she found a dark red, knitted Christmas jumper inside with a large golden 'S' on it. Ever since Molly had married Arthur she had knitted Sera a jumper for every Christmas, always red and gold.