CHAPTER THIRTY-FIVE

I'M ALWAYS SIRIUS
✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧

I'M ALWAYS SIRIUS✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧

✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧

"Sirius?" Sera said in disbelief, not prepared to see him there. And judging by the clear confusion in his sparkling grey eyes, Sirius had not expected her to be there either. "What are you doing here?"

"I could ask you the same," Sirius said, climbing up a few more steps so he was standing one step beneath her, making him a few inches shorter than her, forcing him to tilt his head up to look at her. "Have you been crying?"

"Why would I have been crying?" Seraphina scoffed and then she attempted to walk around him only for Sirius to block her path.

"I don't know why, but your eyes are all - red and puffy and very un-Sephy-like," Sirius said, looking genuinely concerned. "Are you okay? Did Snivellus do anything to you? I swear, I will bloody murder him-"

"Black, I'm fine," Seraphina interrupted him, a little taken back by the anger on his face. Not that she had never seen Sirius angry before, but normally he would cover it up with smirks and snarky remarks. This time his alluring grey eyes seemed to have darkened and his jaw was tightly clenched. "I'm tired. It's been a long day."

"Sephy, I've known you long enough to know when you are upset," Sirius said, once again blocking her path when she tried to side step him. And this time he also placed his hands on her arms, to make sure she stayed where she was. "And if one of those slimy, Slytherin gits hurt you, you have to tell me-"

"Why? So you and James can prank them? Bully them a little more?" Seraphina asked rhetorically. "They didn't do anything I can't handle-"

"So you admit that they did do something," Sirius said. Then he turned around and stormed down the stairs.

Before she had wanted to be left alone but now she was afraid that he would do something foolish. Therefore, Seraphina quickly followed him and to catch up with his quick strides, she jumped down the last four steps, grabbing his arm to both stop Sirius and stabilise herself.

"Black, for the last time, don't do anything. I can handle my housemates on my own," Seraphina said firmly. "And I don't have to handle anything because they didn't do anything," she lied. It was only a white lie and it was for the best. She didn't need Sirius to pick a fight with Rosier or one of the other wannabe Death Eaters; it would only cause an even bigger rift between the lions and serpents.

"Then why have you been crying?" Sirius asked, reaching up to place a hand on her cheek, forcing Seraphina to look up at him, blue eyes clashing with grey.

Gently she pried his hand off her cheek, "It's truly nothing-"

"Don't do that," Sirius told her. "Don't shut us all out. You did the same when your father died-"