CHAPTER SEVENTY-SEVEN

DO YOU YIELD?
✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧

DO YOU YIELD?✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧

✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧

Sunshine shone over the Burrow during the morning of Easter Sunday. Instead of cold winter days with dark grey skies there was not a cloud in sight as the sun shone over all of Ottery St Catchpole. In reality, it wasn't warm yet but due to the sun shining and the absence of harsh winds one could pretend like it was hot enough to not wear a jacket.

"Gotcha!" Seraphina yelled, causing Charlie to squeal as he sat hidden behind a bush in the gardens. Picking her young nephew up from the ground, she spun him around making Charlie giggle madly as he tried to wriggle out of her hold. "You have been captured by the Great Dragon and now I'm going to eat you whole!" she joked before blowing raspberries against one of his shoulders.

"I will never be captured alive!" Charlie yelled like a valiant knight.

"That's the whole point of eating you," Seraphina deadpanned just as there was a battle cry from behind her and suddenly Bill launched himself against her, tackling her to the ground. She landed on her back with Charlie over her – luckily she cushioned his fall – and by her side.

Her two oldest nephews then decided to launch an attack against her, tickling her and while Seraphina could have gotten free quite easily should she want to, she played along. "Do you yield?" Bill yelled, sitting down on her stomach, knocking the air out of her for a second.

"Never!" Seraphina shouted back.

"LUNCH IS READY!"

All three Weasleys stopped their movements and Seraphina asked, "Truce?"

"For now," Charlie and Bill decided together and the three rushed back towards the Burrow. When they entered the rest of the family – with the exception of Molly – was already seated at the table.

"Wash your hands first," Molly ordered the three of them while placing a plate of sandwiches on the table.

While Bill and Charlie ran to the bathroom, Sera walked over to the kitchen sink and quickly washed her hands. Once she was done, Sera sat down on an empty seat next to Fabian, "How does it feel to be doing your homework on the holidays instead of being out in the sun?"

"Splendid," Fabian said sarcastically.

"I am looking forward to next year when we've graduated and can see you struggle with your N.E.W.Ts over the holiday," Gideon told her smugly. "You have no idea what kind of suffering it is until you've experienced it."

"You two claimed the same thing about the O.W.Ls and to be honest I didn't think it was worse than facing a troll in a wrestling match," Seraphina shrugged casually. "I mean, it was not the funniest experience of my life, but in the end it was quite easy. It's all about getting a structure in your life and studies."

"I am still working under the theory that she's a Legilimens that read the minds of every single examiner," Fabian said. He was half-right in that statement since Sera probably could have at least used her skills on one or two unsuspecting old wizards and witches that examined her. Many weren't trained in the art of occlumency and a quick evasion of a person's mind could go completely unnoticed. But Seraphina had not done that since she both didn't wish to cheat and knew for a fact Dumbledore would somehow find out.

Before further conversation could follow, Bill and Charlie returned back into the kitchen and the first thing out of both their mouths was, "I want to sit next to Sera!"

Running over to the chair, the two struggled to push away the other until Arthur said, "Boys, there is no reason to fight."

"But I always sit next to Sera," Bill complained.

"So, it's my turn," Charlie argued, crossing his arms with an angry pout.

"One of you can come and sit here next to me," Gideon offered, pointing at the empty seat next to him.

The two young boys looked over at the seat next to their uncle but none of them made any move to round the table and sit next to him.

"Charlie can do it."

"Bill can do it."

"Don't I feel loved and appreciated," Gideon rolled his eyes.

"To be fair, it's no shock to any of us that we are basically next-door neighbours compared to her," Fabian said, standing up from his seat on her other side. "Bill, Charlie, if you promise I am your second favourite, I will give up my spot next to red over here."

"You are my favourite uncle!"

"I love you second most next to Sera!"

"I'd hate to be you, brother," Fabian told his twin as he rounded the table to sit next to him, giving Bill and Charlie the opportunity to both be seated next to Seraphina.

"So, how does it feel to go back to Hogwarts for the last time now?" Arthur asked the two young men as they began eating.

"I try not to think about it," Fabian said.

"It lessens the life-crisis we are having," Gideon added.

"Don't you two have any idea what you want to do after graduation?" Seraphina asked mockingly. She sighed in fake disappointment, "Eighteen and without an idea what you are going to do with your lives. What a disappointment."

The twins sent her a glare and she managed to move her legs away before they could manage to stomp her on the foot. "And what plans do you have for graduation? It's only a little over a year until you will be leaving Hogwarts as well," Gideon pointed out.

"Sera will be a Curse-Breaker!"

"Or a Dragonologist!"

Seraphina smirked at the Prewett twins, "See, I have two possible careers and I'm just one person. You have none for two. Another victory for Slytherin!"

"Well, at least we will beat you in the Quidditch Cup this year," Fabian said confidently.

After the complete trainwreck that was their last game, the Slytherin team went from being in the lead to being dead last. Being reminded of it stung a bit but instead of showing it bothered her, Seraphina rolled her eyes, "You haven't won yet. And after winning two years in a row, it might be good for the other teams' confidence to get a fighting chance."

"Have you found another Keeper yet for the last game?" Gideon wondered. The entire school knew she had kicked Rosier off the team and unlike her own housemates, they all loved seeing the arrogant Rosier get knocked off his high horse while simultaneously the Slytherin team lost its Keeper.

"That's for me to know and for you to – dot, dot, dot," Seraphina sent them a fake sweet smile. Truth be told, she hadn't found a new good Keeper yet. The ones who tried out were quite terrible to be honest.

"And Mr. Rosier, is he still serving detention for – the incident?" Arthur asked, not wanting to explain exactly what happened in the presence of the young children.

"He is," Seraphina nodded, taking a bite of her sandwich.

"He should have been expelled," Arthur said with poorly contained anger. "You could have ended up – you know–" he had to cut himself off again to not say 'dead' in front of his sons.

"Having a head that looked an awful lot like a pumpkin that has been dropped from the Astronomy Tower?" Seraphina suggested. "There is no use in dwelling on what we can't change."