CHAPTER SEVENTY-ONE

ONLY WIMPS USE CRUTCHES
✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧

ONLY WIMPS USE CRUTCHES✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧

✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧

Her head throbbed in pain unlike any other. While it was far from the first time she had been knocked out cold, this time it felt like somebody was hitting her repeatedly. Opening her eyes, something that should be a natural movement, felt near impossible. Seraphina's eyelids felt heavy like stones. Managing to open her eyes a millimetre, they closed again. The lightness of the room only caused further pain behind her eyes.

Minutes or hours could have passed before she eventually managed to open her eyes. She attempted to raise her left arm to protect herself from the light, only for it to ache painfully as well. In fact, almost everything hurt at that moment.

"Madam Pomfrey, she is awake!"

The voice was vaguely familiar but at the moment she could barely string two thoughts together, too occupied with trying to remember how she had gotten there.

"Here you go, dear." Someone, likely Madam Pomfrey, helped Seraphina sit up for long enough to drink whatever potion she was given. Not prepared, she coughed a little before swallowing the remainder of it. Almost immediately, the pain in her head decreased enough for it to not feel as if she was about to pass out from the pain – again.

This time, she successfully opened her eyes, blinking a few times to adjust to the light. Her vision seemed a bit unfocused at first until it focused enough to make out the figure standing by the foot of the bed. "Reggie, what-"

The question could not even leave her lips before Regulus pulled her into a hug. Their position was a bit awkward, due to how Seraphina laid down and didn't really have the strength in her arms. "Don't you dare scare me like that again. I thought I'd lost you."

"Mr. Black! Don't crush my patient!" Madam Pomfrey chastised him, forcing Regulus back. Quickly, his normal demeanour returned and he straightened his back, hands locked behind him as he stood beside the bed.

"Miss. Weasley, you gave us all a fright there," Madam Pomfrey told her.

"What happened?" Sera asked, reaching up to feel a bandage wrapped around her head. She tried to prop herself up on her shoulders.

"A cracked skull, a dislocated knee and shoulder, and a broken wrist," Madam Pomfrey, pushing her back against his pillows. All at once, it came back to her.

The game...

Arguing with Rosier...

And then a blinding pain...

"But it's nothing to worry about - the danger is all over now. I mended it all at once, but I'm keeping you in overnight - at least. I will make the decision to discharge you in the morning. Until then you shouldn't overexert yourself."