Chapter 12 - Arrancar

Sana pov:

“So, have any specific thing you want to eat?” I asked as I pulled Renji’s hand. “Ah…n-no. Nothing specific….” He said hesitantly. I giggled and shook my head. “C’mon! You don’t have to be shy! If you want anything specific, you can ask okay?” I smiled and he nodded with a blush.

We made it to my house a few minutes later. "Hotaru! I'm home!" I called out and let go of Renji's hand.  Hotaru appeared and bowed. "Welcome home, Sana sama, Renji sama." "Hotaru? Could you please get something good to eat? Our guest here is hungry." I giggled, earning another blush from Renji. He was adorable and I couldn't get over it.  "Hai Sana sama." I looked back at Renji and nodded to him to follow Hotaru. I headed up to my room to get changed.

But I was feeling very uncomfortable again. The dark reiatsu had been moving and now it was closer to my house. I looked out of the window in the direction of the reiatsu and sighed. "I hope you pass soon." I mumbled and shook my head. I got into a pair of shorts and a t-shirt and headed down to the dining. When I reached there, I blinked. I saw about ten empty bowls of food and Renji was wolfing down the eleventh. Hotaru was watching totally shocked and I couldn't help but giggle at the scene.

Once he was done with the last bowl, he put it down and let out a big sigh. "Feeling better now?" I asked as I walked to the table and got myself a glass of water. "Yeah, much better. The food here is always so good!" He said and leaned back in the chair. "Good to know. So, would you like to do something with me?" I asked and he watched curiously. "Do what?" I shook my head placing the glass on the table and I grabbed his hand again. I led him out of the dining and to one of my art rooms. There was a huge white canvas against the wall and balloons filled with paint at the other end of the room.

"This is what I call Smash painting." I grinned widely. "Smash painting?" He asked and I nodded. I walked to the cupboards and got out two free size transparent raincoats. I put on one and handed the other to Renji. “I’m not wearing something that looks as lame as this!” He held it up and I rolled my eyes.  “Put it on, unless you want to be covered in paint by the time we’re done.”

He grumbled and just looked at it with distaste. I rolled my eyes as I picked up one of the balloons and took a firm stance. I threw the balloon as hard as I could and it landed with a splat and a splash on the canvas. "Woahhh!!!! That's wicked!" He grinned and put on the raincoat too and soon we were throwing balloons at the canvas. We surprisingly ended up making quite a nice looking price even though we had randomly thrown the balloons of paint.

"This came out pretty well! I think with a few final touches, its good enough to be sold." "Really?" Renji asked surprised. "Yeah! And I'll make sure I give you fifty percent of the credit!" I winked and he blushed. But he grinned and nodded proudly.

We took off the raincoats that were now quite colorful and I told him that I would put them away and we could head back to the living room. Renji headed down to the living and I walked to the laundry room. I usually reused the coats. I had the maids wash off the paint and they could be used again. It was only a waste if I threw them away after one use. Besides, it would only add to our ever increasing pollution.

I walked into the laundry room but I froze and almost dropped the coats. I could see someone standing against the wall near the washing machines and the menacing aura I had felt all afternoon hung thickly in the room. The person standing against the wall was tall, very tall. He had lavender hair and a rather disturbing smirk plastered on his face. His eyes were almost closed and I swallowed the tight lump that had gotten stuck in my throat.

Every one of my senses was telling me to run from this man. Everything about him screamed danger. I calmed myself. I didn't want this person to know I could see him. It would only cause trouble to me. So I pretended not to notice him standing there and I walked to the laundry bin and dumped the coats in it. My heart pounded as I felt him move. He was quick. Very quick. I was almost positive that he walked to me, took off my necklace for a split second and then put it back around my neck even before I could react. But I still pretended not to notice and I walked out of the laundry room and to the living where Renji was sitting.