Chapter 38 - Fight!

Sana pov:

Stark and I stood a good twenty feet away from each other and I closed my eyes. I took a deep breath, gathering my concentration. This was no ordinary fight and I would need to be focused, strong and on the offensive right from the beginning.

I opened my eyes and narrowed them as I watched stark. He was standing with his eyes closed, a bored frown on his face. He opened his steel blue eyes to look at me and he sighed as he saw me get into a fighting stance. "Aizen sama....do I really have to fight her? Its too troublesome...." He muttered, rubbing the back of his head and my eyebrow twitched. Was he trying to say that I was too weak for him?!

"Come now, Stark. Don't tell me you're afraid." Sousuke teased him but I frowned more. "Ahhh.....that's not it. Its too much trouble to fight her when I know I'm not supposed to actually put her life in danger." He mumbled looking at me and I pouted this time. "Hey! Don't talk like I'm weak!! Sousuke said you're going to fight mw at full power!" I yelled at him and he narrowed his eyes.

"Yeah Stark!! Don't be a lazy bum and chicken out!! I'll really pound you if you lose!" The girl who usually hung around with him, Lilinette yelled at him from the side. She was standing with all the other Arrancar on the side watching Stark with a glare. I chuckled and shook my head and looked back at Stark as he straightened up. "Well, I guess I cant do anything if Aizen sama wants me to fight." He put a hand on his hip and let his reiatsu flare.

I stiffened, feeling it go really high. But I clenched my jaw and crouched before I shot out at him. "Flare: Kagamihato!" Summoning my Sai, I began to thrust my weapons at him as fast as I could. He easily moved around dodging all my attacks and I cursed under my breath. "Kazehane! [blades of the wind!]" Using the wind around me, I sent full power slashes at him. Dust rose as my attacks made contact with the ground and I jumped back several steps to get away from all the rising dust.

It was obvious that Stark wouldn't go down with just this and he shot out towards me with his sword unsheathed. I blocked all his attacks rather easily and managed to push him back as well with equally forceful hits. I wasn't just using my Sai; whenever I saw an opening, I tried to kick him. But he too blocked all my attacks with ease. Our movements were fast and with every move that I used, dust rose from the ground and left craters in their wake. This definitely was an intense battle and I was using my powers and wits to fight Stark.

I managed to jump back a few steps, getting some distance between us and I held up my Sai. "Bankai!" I felt that I was getting nowhere by just using the first release of my Zanpakuto and when I released my Bankai, everything around me became slow. I could make out the smallest of movements and predict at what angle and with what force Stark was coming at me.

I was not going to be blocked so easily by Stark as he had done so until now. I was getting more and more confident about my abilities and my strength. I could not only see his movements easily, I could sense him like it was the most obvious presence around me. Every step he took towards me, I could tell the exact distance between us and I could his speed. It was so easy now.

So this time, I let him take the offensive. I stood in one place, maneuvering around just my Naginata as he attacked from all directions. I didn't move a step; I didn't even turn a millimeter to block any of his attacks. He was quite fast but it wasn't anything I couldn't handle. After a few blocks, I decided to start attacking as well.

After one hit that I blocked, I narrowed my eyes at him. "Reigetsu. [Spirit moon]" I sent a slash made from just my reiatsu at him. His eyes went wide as he blocked it with his hands. It was too fast for him to dodge and it hit him head on. When it hit him, it made an explosion in mid air. "Stark!!" Lilinette called out worried and as the smoke cleared, he came into view. Both his sleeves were burnt and so was half his shirt. his arms were red and burned as well and he hissed through his teeth in pain.