Chapter 18 - Plans in Progress

Sana pov:

Left. Right. Right again. Straight. Left again.

Darn it! How long were these corridors?! Why wasn’t it ending anywhere? And why weren’t there any rooms connected to it? I was running like a mad person and no matter which turn I took, I felt like I was just running through the same places over and over.

Now I was starting to get scared. If Szayel was planning to research a way to get my reiatsu without me having to be physically there, then there was no saying what these people would do to me, let alone Aizen san. Oh jeez, if there was any way for me to get out of this alive, I would be the happiest person to have ever been born! My eyes were starting to sting as my fear didn’t fade. The wound on my arms were still oozing out blood and I was starting to lose physical strength as well. Wasn't there any way for me to get out of this?!

I panted and looked back at the Arrancar who were gaining on me. Loly and Menoly were starting to catch up to me because I was slowing down. They held out their hands and began to shoot those red balls of energy that Wonderweiss had used earlier. I somehow managed to avoid them but few of them grazed my skin and left cuts on my arms and legs. Now even running wasn’t helping me get away from these people! What was I supposed to do now?!

Still running, I turned a corner and collided head on with someone. I gasped, my heart pounding hard and I let out a desperate mewl in pain when the person grabbed both my injured arms. As a reflex to suddenly bumping into this person and the pain that shot through my arms, I grabbed the front of their clothes tightly in my fists and leaned my head against them gasping for air.

Whoever I had run into let go of my arms and placed one hand gently yet firmly on my back. The hand on my back was rather familiar and this reiatsu....I shot my eyes open realizing just who I was leaning onto. I pushed off him and looked up, meeting his cold brown eyes that were barely a few centimeters away from mine. I tried to push away from him but he only held me against him even more firmly and looked up with a slight frown. "You b****! Get back here! We're not done...." I turned too and Loly and Menoly came to a screeching halt when they turned the corner.

"A-Ai-Aizen s-sama!" Blood literally drained from their faces and they looked as white as ghosts. They glanced at me and I squirmed as I tried to get out of Aizen san's hold but he didn't let me go. "What is going on here?" His voice was low and threatening. His chest vibrated under my palms and I flinched. "A-Ai-Aizen s-sama....t-that....w-we were just...." "I asked you a question." He held me tighter and it was starting to hurt a little. But I didn't dare say a word as I felt his reiatsu starting to flare.

I felt his finger twitch on my back and the next minute, blood flew out of large gashes on both of the Arrancar. My eyes went wide and they both fell on their front....lifeless. Aizen san had killed them so brutally with just a twitch if his finger?! I tightened my fists involuntarily and my eyes stung. I felt sick to the stomach and tasted bile in my mouth. It took all my effort to swallow it down and I looked back in front of me at my fists that were holding Aizen san's clothes. He really was so cruel....

I heard a strange sound and I looked to the other side as Ulquiorra appeared. "Ulquiorra, what is the meaning of this?" He got down on one knee and put his head down. "I am very sorry, Aizen sama. I have no reasons for my carelessness." He said and Aizen san still didn’t look too happy.

"Yare yare! We seem to be havin' quite a scene here, don't we?" I head footsteps and when I looked behind Aizen san, I saw Ichimaru san and Tousen san walking towards us. Ichimaru san was grinning like usual and Tousen san was passive. But when I saw Tousen san, my eyes went wide as I remembered something important. Where was Wonderweiss? He wasn't with these people who were chasing me....had they hurt him? Or worse....killed....no! I couldn't be negative!