Chapter 48 - Unexpected problems

This chapter is dedicated to BadGirl_Really!

Happy reading!

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sana pov:

Its been a week since Ulquiorra and Stark turned up in my house. I've been really busy with work, unable to give them the attention I should be giving them. But they haven't been causing me any problems, so I guess its okay.

I had set down some very strict rules for them when I last spoke to them.....and that was one week ago. I told them that they're not allowed to leave the room, they're not allowed to let any single person know of their existence; although Chen unfortunately had seen them. He pretty much knew that they were living with me now. Although, unlike last time, I made sure I gave the Arrancar a separate room to stay in. it would be a little awkward having two guys in my room all the time.

Lillinette seemed to get used to being around me. She had begun to like my company, often hanging around with me when I had no guests and even sleeping with me in my room during the nights. She was a nice Arrancar when she wasn't being bratty.

Besides, the Arrancar had gotten used to eating human food. They usually never bothered me during the day or when I was working but I had noticed that Ulquiorra disappeared occasionally. The first time he disappeared, I was freaked out about the thought of seeing news about a weird person walking in the sky or blowing up buildings or something. But thankfully none of that happened. I was curious to know where he went, but the Arrancar were probably as emotionally damaged by losing the battle so I let him off....obviously after telling him that he cannot get into any trouble. Or I would throw him out.

Unlike what they had told me on the first day, their reitasus showed no sign of increasing back to their original levels. I was starting to doubt the fact that they would be able to regenerate their reiatsus like they did to their bodies. I was just too curious so I had asked Stark. He had told me that they couldn't regenerate their reiatsus and they would have to wait for it to come back on its own. And he didn't know how long it would actually take.

Besides that, Chen has been visiting more often lately. His mood has been off too. He's not as cheery as he used to be around me. He still hugs me when we meet; which is rather annoying. But his hugs are somewhat stiff and tight....like he's trying to show me that I'm supposed to be returning his gestures. I don't like it that he's being more forward lately.

And he even demands answers from me concerning him. At first, I didn't understand why he was being so persistent. But during a meeting yesterday, he confessed in front of the business partners that he wants to marry me. He even gave me a ring and I was put in the position where I couldn't refuse. There were too many people there and refusing him would be like an insult to him. If I had refused the ring, he would have made it a big thing in front of everyone and probably even cut off ties with my father's company.

I had known his father to be rather calculative and cunning; why hadn't I seen hints of it in Chen too? And now because of his use of publicity, I was practically engaged to him!

His father was my father's good friend so he respected my father and treated him with utmost respect. So my father was happy for the so called engagement. But I had done this so that it didn't cause any problems.....no one knew that except Chen I suppose. After all, he was the only one to whom I had spoken about him.

I looked at the diamond ring on my left hand. I sighed deeply. What should I do now? I knew I wouldn't see him again; he was sealed away forever. Would it be the best to just accept the reality of my life and end up marrying Chen? No....I had heard several rumors about him and many other girls and the thought of being with someone who's gone out with so many people before was uncomfortable.