Chapter 13 - Aizen Sousuke

This chapter is dedicated to TINY_neko_cupcake13!

Happy reading!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sana pov:

The walk home was grim. The air around me was grim. People who passed by me whispered while pointing at me as I walked with my eyes cast down. My walking pace was slow and unstable. It was as if I was trying to extend the time I could be here and somehow, everything that happened would just disappear and I would wake up from a bad dream. But it wasn't so....no matter how slow I walked or how long a route I took, I had time just till midnight. And no one could control time.

When I reached home, I called out to Hotaru. I handed her my bag and went to the kitchen to get myself something to eat. There was some chocolate pudding from last night left over and I put some in a bowl for myself. I turned to Grimmjow hesitantly and he was just watching me passively. "Um....d-do you want some?" I asked as I held out the bowl and he just scoffed. "Eh spare me! I'm not eating something that looks like dirt!" I deadpanned at his amazing description of the color and I sighed. I waved it off and ate it myself.

Once I was done, I was still extremely lost in thought and unsure of my decision. I changed my clothes and then headed to the ballroom to my grand piano. I sat down and opened the cover of the keys. I touched the keys and played the middle C note. I could feel Grimmjow watching me suspiciously but a tune came to my mind and I placed both hands on the keys to play it. I played La Romanesca slowly and gently and I moved from side to side as the tune rung in my ears. It ended a few moments later and the last note still resonated in the ballroom.

I heard Grimmjow scoff and then footsteps as someone entered the ballroom. "Sana sama? Its been a very long time since I heard this tune....you used to play it when you were younger when you were upset about something. Is everything alright?" I heard Hotaru ask. I sighed but didn't turn to face her. "When I thought I could finally have a few years of education in one place, I'm being sent away again." I laughed airily and Grimmjow gave me a warning glare.

I turned to Hotaru with a small smile. "Hotaru, the school is sending me on a cultural exchange program to Australia tonight. They....they felt I was the best person to go because I have already travelled a lot and I know things about their culture." "Australia? But Sana sama, so suddenly?" I nodded slowly and looked back at my piano. "Yes. I have to go. Its kind of like a tour so I may even travel more.....I want you to tell my mother about it and not to worry about me. And....please don't tell my friends either."

"What reason should I give your friends?" I thought about it for a minute. Since the cultural exchange program was a lie, they would be the first ones to doubt my absence at school. "They'll feel bad that I was the only one sent away; so I want you to tell them I went to Australia for a meeting." Hotaru clearly doubted my reasons too. She had known me for quite some time now, so it was obvious that she could see through my acting. "Sana sama, something happened, didn't it?" I didn't look at her, fearing that my stinging eyes would turn into waterfalls if I saw her.

She sighed. "Alright, I wont ask you anything. But please Sana sama, just be safe." I heard her footsteps as she walked out and I looked up. Grimmjow scoffed again and I rubbed my hot eyes and headed to my room. If I was going to be staying in this Hueco Mindo place for a while, might as well take some things to keep my busy. I pulled out a bag pack and stuffed in my paints, brushes, palettes, rags, my intricate drilling machine, my CD player with several CD's, several extra pairs of charged batteries, the huge roll of cloth of the painting I was currently working on, m-seal and a few other stuff.

I had Hotaru get me dinner to my room and I had finished it quickly. I didn't let Hotaru into my room, because if she saw my luggage, she would figure out that something bad was happening to me. I didn't want her or anyone else to worry, especially since my mother would be the first person to notice if Hotaru was worried.