Chapter 44 - Seeing you again

Sana pov:

I haven't left my room this whole time. I refused to see anyone after Orihime visited me. I was too ashamed to show my face to them and even though I had been informed about Ichigo's condition, I was just too embarrassed to go see him. I hated myself for everything that had happened.....and I blamed myself for it.

It had been five days since I woke up and everyday has been monotonous. Byakuya san visited occasionally to make sure I wasn't misbehaving of any sorts and I even had a visit from Jushiro san and Shinsui san. I didn't meet their eyes the whole time and some way through as they tried to cheer me up, I had broken down and confessed that I was so ashamed of my behavior. They had given me word of courage and told me that they believed at that moment, what I had done was something anyone in my place would have done.

Even still, I refused to see anyone.

I had healed to some extent. The pain in my chest now was bearable and I could walk by myself. Well, my chest still hurt, but if I walked slowly, I could manage on my own.

Today was another day, I sat at the window looking at the orange sky as the sun set to the horizon. I sighed deeply as I rested my chin in my hand. Tensa and the other shinigami watching me, Kaito were standing a little away from me as they watched me. They didn't speak to me, they didn't do anything besides watch me and despite it being slightly annoying; I tried to ignore it as much as I could.

I snapped out of my daze and looked at the door when it was slid open. Mayuri san walked in along with his fuktaichou and I stood up. He walked to me and looked at me rather disgusted. "Hold out your hand." He said and I led out my right arm silently. He snapped on a rather pretty looking bracelet and I looked at it curiously. "This has been specially designed by the Beareau of Investigation to completely cut you off from using your reiatsu. And it can be unsealed only by someone of captain class. If that is all, then good day!"

He just turned around and walked away without another word and Byakuya san was left standing at the door. He was watching me silently and I continued to stare at the bracelet. I could tell that it was completely suppressing my reiatsu, but it didn't hinder my ability to sense other spiritual pressures. Well, I also had to be glad that the bracelet looked decent. Coming from Mayuri san, I was expecting a rather ugly and weird looking one actually.

I finally looked up at Byakuya san and forced a smile. "So I'm all sealed off. Can I see Aizen now?" I asked, getting directly to the point. He narrowed his eyes and turned around. "The captain commander agreed to let you see that b****** despite it being an atrocious idea. However, it is not our place to question his decisions. Follow me."

I followed him out of the room and out of the Kuchiki compound. He led me to the prison building. It was the 8th underground prison called Avici and it looked way too creepy for my taste. I don't really know how far down we went. But we went a very long way....atleast a couple of stories down. Maybe even deeper than the hidden training grounds under Urahara san's shop. And that was crazy deep.....this was even more deep and uncomfortable, especially because it was so dark.

We finally made it to the lowest floor and to a room that had huge door with several locks. There were three shinigami guards guarding the place and they narrowed my eyes when they saw me. "Open the doors and let her in. She wants to talk to the traitor. When she's done, escort her back to the Kuchiki compound." Saying so, Byakuya san swiftly turned around and walked away. The three shinigami nodded and opened the doors for me to enter.

They let me enter and then closed the doors behind me. I was looking at the ground; hesitating to look at what was in front of me. I could sense Sousuke's reiatsu despite mine being completely suppressed and his reiatsu was rather weak. It felt just as authoritative as I remember, but it was very very low. Taking a deep breath, I finally lifted my gaze to see him.