Chapter 14 - New Life

Sana pov:

“What’s so special about that new b****?!” I heard one of the Arrancar hiss from below. “I don’t know, and who cares anyway?” Another said and walked away. Aizen san chuckled seeing the uncertain expression on my face. He didn’t say anything, but he nodded to the other two people with us and they nodded back.

Aizen san gently pulled me by the hand and led me out of the room we were in. Las Noches, the so called palace we were in, was rather big and I was sure that if I walked through this place alone, I would get lost. Besides, every corridor looked exactly alike. Same color of the walls, same pillars, same windows, everything. I'd probably need some kind if advanced radar system if I had to get around this place myself.

And the ceilings were so high. They didn't even match to the human scale and I felt so tiny in the corridor.  I seriously wonder why they make the ceilings so high anyway. What's the use? Its not like its some theatre or orchestra hall. And it most definitely wasn't for acoustics.

"I see you're quite interested in the castle. I do hope you're not trying to find a way to escape, Sana." I blinked and looked at Aizen san who was watching me as we walked. His gaze was casual yet threatening and I cringed slightly. "No. I was just.....admiring the unique architecture." I said and he huffed out a soft laugh. "The way you speak is strange." He looked back ahead and held my hand tighter. He was almost crushing my hand and it was starting to hurt but I didn't say a word. Besides, the other two people with similar outfits and reiatsus were following us. Well, their reiatsu wasn't as high as Aizen san's, but high enough to intimidate me.

A few minutes after the silent walking, we reached another room. There was a huge table and had many chairs around it. He led me to the table and took the seat at the head seat as he let go of my now hurting hand. "Sit down, please." He motioned to his right side and I took an uncertain breath before sitting down. I gently rubbed my now aching hand under the table and looked down. The person with lavender hair sat next to me and the one with violet hair sat opposite to me. They were all being rather cautious in guarding me, weren't they?

Well, duh. I had power that they wanted and even though I was looking around the castle out of pure curiosity, as a hostage, anyone would doubt my curiosity as a way to escape. It looked like every corridor, every room in this place were really big. I felt tiny…..and I wonder how these people felt totally okay with it. Besides, everything was so silent. The only noises that were heard were our footsteps or when someone spoke.

"Um....I didn't really get your names...." I mumbled out when I couldn't take the silence anymore. "Yare yare, where are our manners? I'm Ichimaru Gin." The lavender haired one smiled slightly menacingly. "My name is Tousen Kaname." I nodded as they introduced themselves. Jeez, being here in this silence was so awkward! I twiddled my fingers and bit the inside of my cheek not knowing what to say or do.

But after a few minutes, a girl walked in holding a plate of food and tea. She placed the food in front of me and uncovered it giving me a view of the strange looking food. Strange because it didn’t look like any kind of food I had eaten before…..not Japanese or Continental or American.

She also placed the tea in front of the other three people. She bowed to Aizen san, gave me a glare and just stood there. I swallowed thickly, my mouth watering at the strange yet delicious looking food but I felt awkward to eat while having someone boring holes through me with their eyes.

"Loly, you are dismissed." Aizen san said and the Arrancar who had served me food looked at him worried. "But Aizen sama, I don't...." Even before she could finish the sentence, Aizen san narrowed his eyes and raised his reiatsu. She choked on the air and fell to her knees out of breath and honestly, I felt like my lungs were being crushed too.