Chapter 49 - Sensing the danger

Sana pov:

I sighed as I sat with Chen in this dark prison cell. Everything was silent making the scurrying of the rats near the walls extra loud to hear. I was quite uncomfortable with the rats that scurried around me, but I wasn't scared. Its not like they would do anything.

I was even more uncomfortable because I was being crushed to Chen's side with his arm around my waist. Well, this time, I couldn't really say anything though. He was trembling in fear and he kept flinching violently at the softest of sounds. Even though I really really hated him, I did feel a little bit of pity because he was so scared. It reminded me of the time I was first kidnapped by the Arrancar and taken to Sousuke. I was really afraid that time, especially since I was able to gauge the strength of his reiatsu. Chen was totally new to this and he didn't even know the word reiatsu to begin with.

I sighed again as he flinched. "Chen, could you please let me go? Its getting really congested here...." "S-Sana!! How are you so calm??! Where are we? Who is that man?! What does he want from us?! How are you so calm?!!!" I rolled my eyes finally pushing him off me and putting about five feet of distance between us. He was still trembling and watching me with wide eyes. Honestly, right now, he looked like a deer caught in the headlights of a speeding truck. I rubbed my face with my hands frustrated.

"Look Chen, you remember you said you would 'protect' me?" He nodded warily and I shook my head. "You cant. Someone like you, someone with no knowledge of the world I live in....cant protect me. Me, Ichigo, Sado, Orihime, Ishida, Renji....all of us live this kind of life with people like Kageroza. The only reason he was able to kidnap me so easily is because my real powers and abilities are sealed off. If I didn't have this bracelet on, I could have easily fought him and then....you would realize that there is an absolute zero chance of you worthy to be with me."

He was flabbergasted at what I said. "S-Sana....wh-what do you mean?" His voice was soft and mouse like. I found the situation amusing and I laughed. I got up and stretched a bit before looking back at him. "I know the side of the world that you will never know. In fact, after all this, I guess making you forget all this is the best thing to do." I said the last sentence to myself, not wanting Chen to hear and make a ruckus out of it. I turned to the bars of the prison cell and sighed.

A few silent minutes later, I heard footsteps and I narrowed my eyes as Kageroza came into view with Byakuya san and Toshiro kun. Both their eyes sparked purple and I clenched my jaw. This had happened when both Shinsui san and Jushiro san had locked me up here. I had never seen their eyes spark like this before so what was the big deal now? I narrowed my eyes as they unlocked the prison cell and walked to where I was standing.

I got slightly defensive to which Kageroza merely chuckled. "There's no point in you being defensive in front of me, Sana san. You cannot fight and you know it. Besides, I already said that I will not harm your pathetic friend." I took a deep breath and let it out of my nose while watching him. "Kageroza.....what is the meaning of this? Why is it that I can see captains helping you? Surely they wouldn't have done so on their own....is this some kind of mind control?"

He chuckled again shaking his head. "I see that you are as alert as I have heard. You understand situations well. Although, this is not mind control. I have merely created Regai that wish to serve me as they protect Soul Society." "Regai?" I asked, a little curious about the new word I was hearing. "S-Sana....can we leave?" I heard Chen behind me say in a small voice and Toshiro kun chuckled bitterly. "Its so pathetic seeing such weak and frightened humans. I seriously wonder why he's here with you." He was smirking and I rolled my eyes.

Despite the situation, I just had to comment on what Toshiro kun said. "I'm wondering the same thing too, believe me. I'd be especially happy if you erased his memory of this and sent him back to the human world. I find it quite annoying that he's been clinging to me for the past few days...." I really was tired of being around him and honestly, being around these guys even though they were bad and irritating too, was much better than being around Chen.