Chapter 31 - Gentleness

This chapter is dedicated to LIONKID! 

Happy reading!

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sana pov:

A few hours had passed and I had covered Wonderweiss with a blanket before going back to my painting. My eyes were so dry not just because I had cried, but because I had rubbed them so furiously to try and get the waterfalls to stop. Thankfully, I had brought along eye drops that prevented my eyes from getting too dry. I had put one drop into each eye and got back to work. But, I was just too tired. All the energy I had before Sousuke san dropped in had been drained out of me in those few moments he was here.

I pushed my bangs out of the way and rubbed my burning eyes again. Maybe I should take a break.....it was almost meal time anyway. Might as well take a break and maybe a nap would do me good too. I washed the paint off the brushes and placed them on the table. I walked into the bathroom and splashed my eyes with some cool water as well and they felt a little better.

My stomach was starting to make noises in hunger and I headed back to the room and sat down on the couch. Wonderweiss had woken up a few minutes ago as well and he was playing with the wind chime in the corner of the room.

I gave a small smile as the jingles of the chime rung in my ears. It was a calming sound, helping me relax a little. I sighed and rested my head on the backrest of the couch. I closed my eyes and all I could hear besides the wind chime was my steady yet tired breathing. I probably would have fallen asleep if it wasn’t for Wonderweiss occasionally making noises.

I heard the cell door being unlocked and I opened my eyes, leaning off the couch. Ulquiorra walked in and stopped a few feet in front of me. No one came in from behind him and I watched him curiously as he stared at me silently for a few minutes. He closed his eyes and turned around, his back facing me. "Follow me. Aizen sama wishes for you to join him for his meal." My heart did a summersault when Ulquiorra said that. I clenched my fists and stood up slowly, the strange nervousness boiling in the pit of my stomach.

"Awaaaooo!" Wonderweiss ran out of the room and Ulquiorra waited for me to follow him. Taking a deep breath and pushing away the dense feeling in my chest, I followed Ulquiorra as he led me to the room I had been to before....the one with the long table and many chairs. This was the second time I had come here and as we entered, I cringed seeing and sensing Sousuke san, Ichimaru san and Tousen san.

"Welcome." I swallowed thickly as Sousuke san broke the silence in the room. He was sitting at the head chair just like last time, facing away from me. The seat on his right was empty and Ichimaru san who was sitting next to the empty seat grinned when he saw me. "Ara ara! The pr'ncess has finally arrived. C'mon now, why are ya still stand'ng there?"

Princess? Since when was I nicknamed princess? It was awkward, so to say. I sighed softly and walked to the table. I sat down silently and looked at my hands in my lap. The silence and the dense reiatsus in the room were suffocating. I was still sleepy and I looked at the grains of the table in front of me. I was pretty much blank, with nothing going on in my head. I was tired of thinking and my brain had fused off a while ago.

But I nearly jumped as Sousuke san reached out and rubbed my cheek with his thumb again. I looked up with slightly wide eyes and he looked amused. "Still smeared with paint." He chuckled, making me blush in slight embarrassment. I reached up and wiped it off roughly and he pulled his hand away. "Sorry, I-I didn't realize...." I mumbled and Ichimaru san chuckled as well. "You don't have to apologize. It jus' means ya have good concentration. That's a good thin’, ain't it?" I looked at him with an awkward smile. "I guess..." "Yare yare....don't be so stiff Sana chan! Aizen taichou will feel bad if his pr’ncess doesn't lighten up."